• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Steeldragons.net Steel Dragons AFV / Richard Tripp and ongoing theft

Re: Panzerwerk Announcement PICTURES ADDED

I have to apologize guys , I am trying to do as much as I can and orders have suffered for it , but I think pursuing this is priority #1 , we know this has been going on now for years based on evidence and we have more then enough to take the next step .

I will start taking orders again next week , Again I am sorry for the delay , but all the research and phone time has really cut into my casting time ,But I feel I need to do this ,if anything for the 13 years of hard work put into this Business by Myself and many others,I hope you guys understand . Thanks :o

Please remember over the next few months it may be touch and go for me while I deal with all this , Last time I went through this it was about 6 months total , lots of time spent on Legal things so please be patient and hopefully we can deal with all this expeditiously and get on with our lives . :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Steve, you do what you have to do. Lets hope the outcome will be what a lot of us want it to be.

Hi All,

As you will appreciate it is also taking up a considerable amount of my time and focus. I am continuing to balance Armorpax the best I can but if I am a little slower in responding than usual I trust you will all understand.

I have got to get the Quad kits done and out to cover the casters bills but other projects and custom builds have all been put on the back burner. I like Steve and others have not given up a big chunk of my life building this up to have others come along and think they can get an easy ride off it.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank both Steve and Mike as stuck the wrong side of the pond I doubt I would have had as much evidence as I now have without them.

Best regards

Dave

Steeldragons.net Steel Dragons AFV / Richard Tripp and ongoing theft .

Working together with Mike Stannard ,David Dibbs , and several other folks who have an interest in this have come up with a substantial amount of evidence of illegal activity By Richard Tripp , including but not limited to Theft of Intellectual property and fraud .
We have spent the last couple weeks sorting through files of pictures and many invoices we have received from individuals and companies hired by Mr Tripp to recast other companies parts .
The companies so far known to have had their parts copied are :

Armorpax
6th Scale Icons
Fields of Armor
Panzerwerk
Armortek
Verio
Newthorpe Models
Steve Winstone
East Coast Armory

And there could be more .

We have located and contacted 6 persons/companies that were hired by My Tripp to do the copying ,they have all been extremely helpful with Invoices,email communications and photographs and some even offered to send the molds to us ,all are willing to provide affidavits. All were extremely upset over what has been going on , some even have their own model lines in different hobbies and know what its like to have their intellectual property stolen .

I am going to post some of the evidence we have received over the last couple weeks ,I want to say none of this is speculation , everything shown here is from the folks who were hired or directly communicated with Mr Tripp on the various issues/items.

First up is a recent communication from Mr Tripp to John of East Coast Armory , the reason I am posting this email is the content and claims he makes to another manufacture to hopefully continue doing Business with him .
I will be blacking out some emails and names for now as these guys really had no knowledge they were copying others work and have been nothing but helpful with us .

Subject: paypal refund
To: oddball759mm@yahoo.com
Date: Monday, March 4, 2013, 5:44 AM

Hi John,

I was understandably disappointed to receive your refund/email after having enjoyed a positive relationship with you for the last few years. We have never copied, plagiariazed or misappropriated anything from you or your company and do not support anyone else doing so as well.

Perhaps you are already aware of the onging struggles we have faced with Mike Stannard, his theft of over $6000.00 from my company and periodic accusations that we are copying his product line. We still have some of his inventory in stock and are developing our own to replace them. I have always had the greatest respect for David Dibb and have been very upset by some assertions that we copied one of his products. For a number of years, we were the primary US distributor for Armorpax and Spearhead and still have their inventory in our shop. I have also received prototype parts for some of the tank kits including damaged returns etc that I sometimes use on project builds. We really are not in the resin product business anymore except as they sometimes relate to our custom buildups. The cost of production, the slim profit margins and the back stabbing is simply not worth it. This is why we have purchased from you in the past for example. You make an excellent product which compliments our service.

John, I wish you would reconsider your position. I would certainly honor your final decision but I have always been straight with you and your product line. I continue to do business with a select group of vendors who do not support the infighting that has taken place within our hobby industry such as Cory Lord for example. I would encourage you to contact him and ask him to describe our relationship.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Richard
I would like to point out here ,that reviewing all the mold pictures we have received , we have concluded that almost all of Armorpax's catalog has been reproduced by Mr Tripp.

We now have proof that the theft of parts dates back over 4 years based on invoices and emails we have received from the companies contracted to do the recasting , below is one example from 2011 ,you can see the amounts he is ordering and what sets/parts ,he was even nice enough to include pictures in the email so the caster knew what parts he wanted since the caster was not familiar with the 1/6th world or WWII items , he specialized in Sci Fi kits .

To: ######@sbcglobal.net
Sent: Thu, June 30, 2011 5:36:13 AM
Subject: Re:parts and picks

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif] [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Sounds good ###### I am trying to squeeze in "Steel Dragons" related work with my real job which is been quite challenging. Here is the first of several lists of parts that I need as soon as possible. The Allweiler Hand Pump is a good example. I have just updated computers and in the process have temporarily lost my Photoshop software which is cramping my ability to label pics etc.[/FONT]

10 sets of the Allweiler pump
15 sets of the front seat set for the SdKFz 250
10 sets for the rear jump seat set for the SdKfz 250
10 of the sdkfz 250 dash boards (pack carefully because gear shift knob breaks easily)
3 sets of the Panzer IV Cuppola Upgrade
5 sets of the Sdkfz 250 front wheel conversion set
10 sets of the sdkfz 250 transmission with shifters and driveshaft

There are more items that are needed but this is the first wave so to speak. I will forward an advance payment to you to help cover your costs etc. ( I know that money must be tight) and you can let me know when you need more etc.

I will send another email later in the day. Please let me know that you have received this first email. I will also cover the costs of shipping the parts/molds to ####### so PLEASE let me know how much or deduct this from the monies that I am sending over to you. In addition, it is REALLY important that these molds get to him quickly because I am really under the gun on all of the Panzer IV parts. Thanks again and don't forget the Tiger road wheel cost estimates.

Thanks again and good luck!

Richard
Steel Dragons AFV
www.Steeldragons.net
[/FONT]
Below are pictures of some not all of the resin casting molds ,These are parts from several manufactures

RESINMOLDSAsd1.jpg

RESINMOLDSBsd.jpg

RESINMOLDSCsd.jpg

Below are a sample of molds from the Metal caster and just for knowledge sake ,one zip file sent to us by the metal cast contained 52 pictures with most molds having multiple items in them .

mold31.jpg

This is just the tip of the Iceberg of whats been done to us , More will be posted soon .

Both the FBI and the State Attorney Generals office in Florida have been notified , More notifications will be going out next week , I know that myself and Armorpax have both sent Cease and desist order to Mr Tripp with no replies from him or any Legal counsel representing him .

And recent communications we have had with other individuals have shown he is still currently looking to continue to copy others parts.

More to follow !

Last edited:
Re: What we know about Steel Dragons/Richard Tripp and ongoing theft .

I would Like to add , all replies to this thread WILL BE CIVIL , this is a thread about facts , not speculation , not SLANDER , if you have any information about any of this please contact me via PM .

Steve, I am so sorry you and others have to waste your precious time to deal with this theft.

When I read that list in the invoice my heart just breaks, and my blood boils. I can recognize each part as having been proudly displayed by their creators right here on SAG and other boards. I fully remember the "oohs and ahs" when each was posted. Rick's pump especially, since I screwed up and failed to get one before he gave permission to Lee to produce.

It really is heartbreaking to see all that talent and hard work being used for the foul purpose of personal enrichment without regard to those being stolen from.

Hi Guys

Just to let you all know that I am working on a post to follow up on what Steve has said, I hoped to get it done tonight but I am burned out.

I have pictures of 72 spin casting molds that Tripp has had made over the last few years using many companies original parts. We have Identified over 400 individual parts from Armorpak (note some complete sets have 10 to 20 parts in them), and over 200 of my own parts, along with parts from other companies. These will be posted tomorrow with more details.

I will also be posting the pictures of the resin casting molds Steve has already posted identifying who's parts were used to make the molds. According to the company that supplied the pictures there are many more molds to come.

I also have 13 sheets of photo-etch artwork that Tripp commissioned to be made using other companies parts. Again these will be posted tomorrow along with more information on what this guy has been doing over the last few years.

I will also address and explain the $6000.00 Tripp has accused me of stealing from his company. Now ain't that the kettle calling the pot black.

Come back tomorrow afternoon as the story unfolds.

Regards
Mike

After reviewing the above images I noticed that one of my sets has been remolded.

The Parts in question are #16 and #19. These are the ECA Tiger I Fifel system. The Illegally copied parts are circled in red

sdrgaon.jpg

Steve, I'll be contacting you tomorrow. Thanks for the detective work.

Thanks John , I am not happy to add you too the list , Sorry Bro , it makes that email all that much worse .

Last edited:

Gez, I'm so sorry that you all are having to deal with this mess, all created by one individual. It is tough enough just doing all the research and preliminary work that is required to get to a final master that is ready for reproduction.

I know that each of the individuals that created the original parts takes great pride in their work and does their best to provide high quality and ACCURATE parts for the rest of us. The extent of the forgeries is mind boggling and begs the need for a special kind of hell.

Leonard
Rolling Thunder

Re: Steeldragons.net Steel Dragons AFV / Richard Tripp and ongoing theft .

Hi Guys

As promised here is a follow up on Steve's original post. This is a long post as I have a lot to tell and show. I am using as many pictures as I can to explain things to cut down on your reading.

First I need to address the claim by Tripp that I stole over $6000.00 from his company. In 2009 Tripp and I were in negotiation for him to be my retail outlet for my parts and he was to eventually over a period of time take over the company. Our agreement was he would put up $12500.00 as a investment to get things started. The amount was to be applied to his eventually purchase of the company and I agreed to supply him with parts over the next year to reimburse him for the same amount at cost of my parts, so in theory the amount paid towards the purchase was at no cost to him.

During 2009-2010 I sent him four parcels of parts valued at $8594.40, leaving a balance of $3905.60, the last parcel was sent on August 9, 2010. I continued working on parts for him until September 2010 when, in late September I noticed a part on his web site (PzIV/Hetzer U Shackle) that was being sold in sets of 4, these were my parts, but he would not be able to sell them in sets like this as the parts were from another one of my sets and only one U shackle was in each set. More explained later. Over the course of the next week or so more recast parts were appearing on his web site. My contacts with him about this were received with denial and they were my original parts he was selling.

I contacted a Attorney and was advised to send a Cease and Desist letter that was sent on November 16, 2010. In that letter he was asked to remove all my personal pictures of products from his web site and use pictures of my parts he still had in stock taken by himself. My attorney had advised me that I had to allow him to sell the stock of my products he still had.. It took around 6 months for him to remove most of my product pictures, but he still continues to use in some of them, he simply replaced most of them with pictures of my parts from customer builds.

In short I decided I was not going to refund him the money owed until such time as the situation was resolved, which to date it has not. I continued to build a case against him, advising were I could of his wrong doings. Since then you are all, I am sure, aware of his misconduct to both myself, other companies and customers.

Here is the proof of these first parts he recast.

Extract from his attorneys letter dated November 29, 2010, in which the attorney states Mr. Tripp is not recasting my parts. Here he lied to his attorney.

firstrecast01.jpg

The following is a invoice dated September 1, 2010 in which the U Shackle in question had been purchased from a caster.

firstrecast02.jpg

Here is a copy of his web site showing the part in question and what followed.

firstrecast03.jpg

Here is a picture of the mold that was used to make the parts.

firstrecast04.jpg

More evidence of recasting and the quality the unsuspecting customer will get.

My TT21 Tiger turret air vent which he first purchased from the caster on 1/17/2011. Note the wing nuts and L clamps are cast in white metal. Not strong enough for their purpose.

copyparts01.jpg

copyparts02.jpg

he even used my instructions with his logo imposed.

copyparts03.jpg

My TT05-02 Tiger C Shackles. Purchased from caster on 10/1/2010. Again white metal wing nuts and posts.

copyparts04.jpg

My Gent002 Early Fire Extinguisher. Purchased parts from caster 9/10/2010 and photo-etch parts on 11/11/09

copyparts05.jpg

copyparts06.jpg

Here are pictures of all 72 white metal casting molds commissioned by Tripp to be made. In these molds there are over 400 Armorpak parts, over 200 6th Scale Icons parts and over a 100 parts from other manufactures. I have copies of 20 invoice from 9/10/2010 to 3/1/2013 showing parts Tripp purchased.

moldgroup01.jpg

moldgroup02.jpg

moldgroup03.jpg

moldgroup04.jpg

Here are picture of the resin casting molds with original manufactures names were known, if you can identify and parts please let me know.. We know there are more molds, we just do not have pictures of them yet or any invoice to show what he purchased. We believe that these molds have been used by at least 2 or 3 casters to produce parts for Tripp.

resinmold01.jpg

resinmold02.jpg

resinmold03.jpg

Here are scans of the artwork commissioned by Tripp to copy photo-etched parts. In talking with the owner of this photo-etch company I was told that Tripp told him he had the rights to these parts and the original company making them for him in the UK had gone out of business. Tripp either sent the company the actual photo-etched parts or scans of them for the company to copy to produce the artwork. You will notice that Tripp has put his company logo to all these set and used our product numbers. I have 39 invoice from 9/4/2009 to 2/13.2013 which show all the parts Tripp has purchased.

These are 10" x 7.5" sheets of artwork. The first picture is a montage of 20 6th Scale icons sets

phgroup01.jpg

phgroup02.jpg

phgroup03.jpg

phgroup04.jpg

phgroup05.jpg

Here is a picture of the Armorpax German Tool Clamp Set AP054 along with a copy of Armorpax instructions.

phgroup06.jpg

The following pictures are of parts sent to various casters by Tripp to have them recast. I have copies of all the corresponding e-mails that go with these pictures. Some parts I cannot identify the original manufacture, let me know if you can help.

parts01.jpg

parts02.jpg

parts03.jpg

To sum up, Mr. Tripp has recast or copied about 90% of the parts offered on his web site. He has done no research or spent any time making masters or artwork to produce these parts. He simply stole what he is producing and making a lot of money with no effort. That money is a loss to all the people that put in the work to make the parts. For my part, checking all the invoices I have of parts Tripp has recast or copied I have lost over $15000.00 in potential sales.

Lastly I want to emphasize that all companies and individuals to date that have been involved in the reproduction of parts have been very helpful to us and all have stated that they will no longer do business with Mr. Tripp.

Regards
Mike Stannard
6th Scale Icons Inc.

Last edited by a moderator:

That was some good detective work finding out what company SD had hired to produce their parts. I had always assumed that he copied them in house.

And Mike, you are correct that the last group of parts shown on your post are copies from our FOA / RTT parts for the Tiger tank. Those are definately copies of our parts.

Leonard
RTT

Did he really think he wasn't going to be caught and get away with it?

'Head shaking'

DISMAYED

I can see Richard Tripp of Steel Dragon is destroying 1/6th cottage industry for 1/6th tanks and vehicles parts.

This has to be stopped right now

Hey Chuck , keep legal questions and such confined to PM or Email , this is not an open forum for discussion of legal strategy, Thanks , I know your trying to help .

Last edited by a moderator:

The scale in which this was pulled off is far beyond what I had imagined. It's nearly a systematic destruction of the whole cottage industry in this hobby.

Speechless.........

Really sorry for all of you who have had your hard work copied.

My dad was a Captain in the police force, and he said that most criminals believe that they are smarter than the rest of us and that they would never get caught. It was a recurring theme with those that committed robberies and other such crimes.

I've also heard others in law enforcement say the same thing.

Leonard
RTT

Go get him,guys!!!

Back