• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Steel Dragons

Hello Johannes

I think that will lead to nothing.

Such criminal conduct from Richard Tripp !

This crook to be uninterested for this .

Again

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MERCHANT!

BUYER BEWARE
!
[/FONT]

Regards
Dirk

I have just gone through this thread again and removed about ten comments that do not follow the rules of this section.

One more time:

Please do not post or add comment to an existing post if you are not directly connected to or have direct knowledge of the facts.

You don't believe it, but I got a package today. I do receive 90% of the places I ordered. I did not think I receive anything, so I am very glad. ;)

Winius congratulations, always a good feeling to get something. I still have not received my last item from Steel Dragons and he still refuses to respond to my e-mail inquiries. A very dishonest way to run a business. Congrats again we are happy for you.

John

It's good to know he is making good on some of his orders , But incomplete ?? did he give you a refund for the items not sent ??

Good question Steve, Winius, I would like to know what you received and did not receive as he still has around a 100 of my parts listed on his web site, my last shipment of parts to him was over a year ago. Don't know if he actually has any parts left, selling recasts, just leaving them on his web site to justify his statement of have the largest selection of parts in the world or to p--s me off.

Regards
Mike

Latest update from Richard on his website , I am sorry to say I have to call B.S. on this whole statement , several customers of mine sent him money for Panzerwerk parts , months later they received nothing ,I had a close relationship with Richard and all he had to do was tell me to make the parts and I would have even drop shipped them to his customers , instead he has not responded to my multiple requests to remove me and panzerwerks from his website , or return any of my calls , I do hope for his sake he really is going to start paying these good folks back .

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]A Change in Direction...
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] Over the course of the last year, we have witnessed continued uncertainty in the one sixth scale industry due in part by a struggling economy, high unemployment and a severe drop in customer spending[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]. We have witnessed a sharp increase in the number of suppliers who have been unable to fill orders aggravated by a rising number of customer orders that were placed but not paid for. [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Ironically, one of the most unsettling developments has been a promotion/career change which has consumed much of the free time enjoyed in the past and used for customer service and project builds.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] When Steel Dragons was first formed, it was never intended to be a profit driven corporation with sales quotas, marketing strategies and a worldwide client base. It was designed solely for the purpose of supporting this terrific hobby/industry while offering parts and services (often with little or no financial incentive) to a growing customer base. We have never relied on Steel Dragons to "pay the mortgage" so to speak or send the kids to college. Instead, it offered an enjoyable and rewarding means by which a passion for armored vehicles could be cultivated and a network of friends and acquaintances soon followed. Over the last few months however, our ability to fill orders, work on project builds and address customer service needs has been severely hampered by many of the issues outlined above. For this reason, we are making the following changes:
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] Effective immediately, we are suspending new parts orders indefinitely until we are able to fill all existing orders.[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] For those orders that contain backordered parts or parts that are out of production, we will be issuing refunds. We have set aside monies for the sole purpose of reimbursing customers and will be focusing on orders that have been on the books for the longest period of time first so please be patient. It is important to note that this also applies to tank kits as well. After over a year of struggling with several kit suppliers in particular we are discontinuing our relationship effective immediately and reimbursing customers accordingly.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] Secondly, we will continue to work on our project builds which will form the basis of this company now, and in the future. [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] We are currently wrestling with a backlog of approximately two years and are giving this aspect of the business our highest priority in the future[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]. Each project link will be featured on this home page so that the respective owners can observe the progress of their vehicle. For example, we are wrapping things up on an [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]M3 Halftrack[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] which will be the first project featured below. It will be followed by an FOA Tiger, a Panzer IV and several others.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] Finally, we will eventully reformat this homepage to better reflect these changes. We will continue to develop our own line of parts while moving away from parts and accessories produced by other vendors. We have never made money on this aspect of our business and with the limited amount of time available to process orders, it doesn't make sense for us to continue doing so at the present time.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] We are confident that this change in direction will help resolve many, if not most of the issues we have encountered over the last year. We realize that we will have to work hard to restore our credibility with our customers but we are committed to doing so. In the meantime, we ask that you all be patient as we execute this revised business plan. [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Thank you! [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif](09/10/11) [/FONT]

I agree Steve, how long do you think it took him to come up with this song and dance? 8 to 10 months? I just hope no one else gets burned!

The comments are priceless! However, I do feel for the guy. Whatever he has done, it is how he reacted to the crappy economy and other factors beyond his control. That being said, it is very egregious to sandbag customers. If he had been straightforward and communicated with customers, things might not have gone this pear-shaped. Of course, he would then have had to deliver on whatever he promised when, and if, he did answer the emails, which, as it turns out, he couldn't do, so ... Oh, the hell with it! Hang him! Court dismissed!

Sorry but that is nothing but hollow phrases of a cheat, which is blown, the writing is on his side but nothing really worth nothing, you can already see that there is no signature, who has written...... the cleaning lady?

Absolutely ridiculous as he writes, for me he is a cheat! until I have my money back, if I would be USA citizen I would have long been reported to the police and especially the tax office.

Does not live near anyone, and the competent tax authority can sometimes give a note > suspicion of tax evasion.
Then he must finally respond.

And I'm not the only when you look at the order page.

Richard is also registered here.

So Richard Tripp if you are reading this ,then pay me my money back, because you never had the intention to send me parts,

PANZERWERK and also 6thscalicons you selling it for a long time nothing more, which will already know why!

Once a cheat ........always cheat!

Buys nothing from steeldragons!!

greetings
Dirk

......this was translated by google :rolleyes: I hope it is understandable

Last edited:
Maybe I am lucky, i did get almost everything. I considered it a total loss.

A crappy economy did not influence someone to answer a e-mail or to do some honest business.

So, Richard is a fraud.

Be aware of this man; do not do business with him!

I agree with you guys a leopard doesn't change it's spots. Just the basics of one's character would be to show a little respect to your customers by responding to their e-mails, there is no excuse for not doing so. That is just Bad business and flawed character. And I do not buy his new monologue either it's just a way to lure in new victims. We have all been affected by this bad economy yet all the other vendors here have come through for us. I think I'll just continue to buy from them. I have been really lucky to meet many new people involved in this hobby and RC Tanks and I make sure I tell them all my story so they won't get burned by Richard Tripp/Steel Dragons.

Richard you have had my money since 3/23/2010 and still have not completed my order.

John

Last edited:
Since September 10 2011, when Steel Dragons, put up the notice about the changes they were making to their business. Has anyone gotten the items they ordered or gotten the refunds that were promised?

Just visited the Steel Dragons web site, Since he posted his letter on his site on Sept 10, 2011 until his last update on the order status page on Dec 3, 2011. He has issued 3 refunds, How much longer do the rest of us have to wait for our share out of the money he has set aside to pay 40 people back what he owes us?

I would not count on seeing any refund, it will be 2 years for me this coming March and still no replies to my e-mail inquiries. Just write it off as a lesson learned and share your experience with everyone you know in the hobby so they will know.

Most importantly tell them about the great vendors we do have and where to find them.

John

I tried to talk to someone at paypal, and since their customer service is in india that was worthless as hell. I have put thought into a lawsuit but I figure a lawyer would cost me more than I am owed by him. I have tried being Patient and Fair with him, but now it has been over a year since I last got any kind of responce from him. I have emails from him reguarding my order and the time frame in which the kit would be ready for being built.

Last edited:
Back