• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Rolling Thunder

kelly

Marksman
finally i (allmost) finished my DML sherman and iam pretty happy with it. i'm not the best painter or model-builder in the world and the last time a build model kit is long time ago, so there is not much weathering and the shermans was built right out of the box . it´s just a freshly arrived sherman in in ETO ;-) i planning to add some parts from ECA (pintle mount, range finder, gunner periscope guard...) but i did not use the duckbills on the tracks because i don't like the look

s77sf255.gif

rp9w.jpg

obpd.jpg

n8pa.jpg

8waz.jpg

gqoj.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Kelly,

That's a nice dio you've got there...looks great. I can't wait to complete my Sherman, I have the pre-built version. It's been a long time since I've finished and weathered a "model" too and am afraid of messing it up... But your Sherman looks great and you have some great shots too. Nice photoshop work... I love the rear deck stowage. Where did you get the crates from?

Also, any chance you'd like to part with the duckbills? I love the look of them and I wanted to do a Bulge-era Sherman, and the pre-built didn't come with those... PM me if interested. Thanks.

-JOSH

Fantastic! Love all of it! Build looks great! Need to find some time to start mine...ha...so many things to do...so little time.
Anyway,
The rain, the explosion...awesome. How did you do it? Can you explain..do a simple how to?

Kelly, your Sherman turned out great and looks excellent with the jeep. Your shots are also a real treat. I've got to check out those links you provided, thanks for posting them.

Tim

As noted, the first 3 "f/x" photos are really cool. The look like they've been drawn, I really like the effect.

Back