• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Pz.Kpfw.II Ausf.B - 10th Panzer Division, Minsk, 1941

Interior detailing

Here are some of the mods…
I started by making a complete interior out of styrene plate
Scratch built transmission, seats, raised floor,
Added brake fume extractors
Scratch built radios
Scratch built turret interior including scope
Scratch built working gun elevation system
Scratch built engine and engine bay including ECA carb, magneto, and fuel filter (that you can’t even see now, lol)
ECA rolling kit
Mulliput welds, added hex bolts to the super structure, rivets to the fenders, and slotted screws to lift hooks and bullet splash.
Hinged all hatches and fender ends
Panzer work front hatch with scratch built details
Added wood handles to tools, Armorpax and 6thscaleicons tool clamps, 6thscaleicons wire cutters
Scratch built jack block
6thscaleicons tow hooks
Homemade stencils for airbrush work

I will say it again Beautiful build, might want to find a different commander though. I think your ss Lt. Col. is a little out of place

Yes, I thought that would be the case, but it was the only commander uniform I had from Soldier Story's Peiper.

Thanks!

I liked it before, but now with a little dust and out in the sun I like it even more!
Of course the interior puts it over the top. Amazing piece of work!

Beautiful just beautiful.

How much TOTAL time did it take to build her.

I fallowed you building thread but would like to know the actual build time from start to finish.

Thank guys!

Beautiful just beautiful.

How much TOTAL time did it take to build her.

I fallowed you building thread but would like to know the actual build time from start to finish.

Pickelhaube, I forgot to add that, I was totally going to! Thumbing through my pictures of the build, the first set I took was on 10/9/12. So, I guess just over a year. I know I started a little before that, but had to put it away to move.

And I worked on it pretty much daily, at leas in the last 4-5 months. :eek: (but only for an hour or so each day)

I enjoyed watching your build. The PZII came out great. The detail is crisp and very well thought out. Your weathering is nice and subtle which makes it pleasing to look at it. Whats next?

Thanks, guys!

Alfonso, I have been muddling through a Sherman 105. hope to have some pictures to show in a bit.

Ken, that's how I got going.

Thanks!

What a beautiful tank! It was great to watch you build it, and it's great to see it done.

Thanks for sharing.

what would be super is if DiD put out an armored standarte barrer figure
kinda like the cristof figure was for the luftwaffe
should be easy with the old mueller tank figure uniform and a huge correctly embroidered parade flag
sweet

Back