• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Marion Meyer Books

gary1930

Company Commander
aka marionmeyer.com and Ebay seller mm_rare_books.

As they have a lot of books pertaining to our hobby, think twice before you order.

On 1/31/06 I bought three books via Ebay's Buy-it-now. The item won notification clearly stated shipping was $6 for the first item and $0.00 for each additional item. I sent two emails requesting priority mail shipping.
On 2/3/06 they invoiced me for the books plus $9 shipping. I paid immediately thinking I was getting priority mail service, which would have been $4.05.

Today (2/22/06) I finally received the books - 23 days after purchasing them and 19 days after paying for them. They were sent media mail at a cost of $2.07, and only mailed on 2/09/06.

Update. I was going to leave negative feedback, but then I saw the feedback Marion Meyer left for another poor soul who dared to complain about poor service:

"Of abnormally low intelligence. Extremely unpleasant abusive & full of hate & rage."

thats the trouble with ebay. i won 2 ignite figures for £8 each, an absolute bargain! the seller only accepted cheques, so i sent a cheque out, after a week had passed and id heard nothing, i emailes the seller. i sent about 4 emails over a week, with no reply. eventually after about another week (so now 3 weeks since i sent the cheque) the seller told me that she had not recieved the cheque. i sent another cheque and basically went through the same process again, i send mail to see if cheque is recieved, no reply, i send more mails, until 2 or 3 weeks later i get a mail saying the cheque hasnt arrived. i thought 1 cheque not turning up, maybe, 2 cheques, shes taking me for a ride. foolishly, i sent a 3rd cheque, this time via recorded/signed for mail. a week later i cheque the post offices site which said the cheque had been recieved and signed for. i mailed the seller, she said she got it but as i had taken too long to send payment, she had sold the items again. i suspected she had done this as i noticed she was selling the same items (but at much higher starting bids). i went through the ebay 'item not sent' crap, which got me no where. clearly she was not happy with what the figures had sold for and messed me about until i gave up. people like this really frustrate me :( so, the last thing i could do was leave a negative feedback. i left a negative feedback saying that id sent 3 cheques and the seller had sold items on as she wasnt happy with the selling price, with in 2 minutes i had recieved a negative feedback saying i was a time waster who never sent payment. well i guess the moral of the story is that ebay is a bent system, if someone screws you and you want to leave negative feedback, expect one back, then you look as guilty as the person who is :(

It works both ways. I have 100% positive feedback and I want to keep it that way. Therefore I do not give negative feedback unless I have no other recourse. Often the threat is enough to get the matter settled.

I tell buyers that I will leave positive feedback for them as soon as I hear from them that they have received the item and are satisfied. And I do.

Today I received a diecast Opel Blitz which had been poorly packaged and arrived in pieces. As the seller had already left positive feedback for me, I had her. She gave me the refund I requested within the hour.

I had a similar thing happen to me I ordered some used W.W.II DVDs and the guy charged me for priority and they came by media mail they came fairly fast but the shipping he charged was almost triple what it actually was. It wasn't thru Ebay so there was no feedback issues. Now with all the sneaky sellers selling items for a penny and nailing you with big shipping in order to avoid paying Ebay fees I just stay away from them. I always ask shipping if it's not posted first.

Update 5/5/06

I went ahead and left negative feedback on two of the items - one for shipping overcharges and one for slowness, hoping to save some others from the same fate. I promptly got my first and only negative feedbacks in return.
How is it possible for a buyer to pay in full immediately upon receipt of their invoice and yet get negative feedback? Go figure.

Back