• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Leibstandarte to the front

Kapernakis

Platoon Leader
This time I have made a dio showing soldiers of the Leibstandarte marching to the front.
It is late June, early July as the troops start to move to the front to get in position for the start of operation "Citadel". The division was rebuilt following the heavy loses from the Kharkov fighting. After receiving new recruits (many only 17 or 18 years old) and intensive training they moved forward ready for the battle.

Here a few indoor shots

Picture010_zps3a507269.jpg

Picture009_zpsbd2c095b.jpg

Picture007_zpsd6a96e9d.jpg

Picture008_zpsca62955b.jpg

And here are some outdoor shots

Picture005_zps1fe38d78.jpg

Picture003_zps35d03938.jpg

Picture004_zps4a34a65b.jpg

Picture001_zpsf7e642fc.jpg

Picture002_zps4559bfc3.jpg

Picture006_zpsa627b4e6.jpg

The majority of the uniforms, weapons and figures are Dragon. The gear is mostly Soldier Story. The ammo cans are Yellow Submarine.
If there are any mistakes please let me know so I can fix them.

Really nice set up. I really like how each guy is wearing his uniform or carrying his gear a bit different too, it adds that touch of realism. As stated, the tall grass is great too.

Thanks for sharing.

-JOSH

Awesome! The dio is just amazing especially in the natural light! The figures look great. Nice use of palm camo. The grass is really cool! I really like the look of the figures moving through the grass!

Beautiful work, I love how natural the figures look, and the way they interact with each other. Very well done indeed!

Stunning dio - bravo!

My only comment would be about the guy looking to the right - the one talking to his comrade. His head is at 90 degrees to his body, looking directly down the line of his shoulder. That's actually very difficult to do - try it!

That's the only thing that very slightly detracts from the overall realism of an excellent dio.

Thanks for the comments.

Actionman thank you for pointing that out, I did not notice it and you are 100% correct, now my neck hurts from trying it. I have fixed it.

The grass that I used is from save on crafts.com and is called 10" Mexican Grass Mat - color Dark Tan/Green. It is 6" tall and comes in a 10" X 10" square, but it is a little pricey at $40.00 a square. It was the only thing I could find that was that tall and I wanted something that could pass for a Russian field.

Very original the diorama. The grass looks real. All vegetation is scale. Very good! I love dioramas. Congratulations!

Could not find this product in the Save-on Ceafts.com website. If anyone out there finds it, please post a link here...
TIA
E

Thanks appreciate the comments.
egonzinc I looked and could not find it there at all, but if you go to google and search for 10" mexican grass mat you will see a couple of places that sell it. It is more than what I paid for mine and you can see the other colors it comes in.

I'll echo all that's been said. The out door shots are really nice. The posing etc all look very natural. Really nice job. Also good picks on the sculpts. TheNCO with his pipe looks older than his troops. Their faces look quite youthful.

Tim

Back