• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Here are the plans for making the Flak 38 shields

Reef12

Battalion Commander
Maybe not the best but could not get uploaded as a PDF from Photobucket as would not see it.

I have included what was sent to me the two top ones I made to the size that was right for what I thought right, the others included for reference.

If not in the right place well I guess do not know where to put them.

Cheers
Jeff

Here is a set of templates I made up from the patterns I received from Jeff and Panzercommander HOH. I have added the dimensions I used in building my shields. These patterns were made from traceing out the parts I made of the gunshield. The measurements are taken from the actual gunshield I built. Hope this helps.... Harold
template-01a.jpg

Last edited:
Have no idea what vector drawings are or how to even do them.... just an old dunderhead(old school) here LOL

Thanks for posting these guys! I don't know when I'll get around to making one but I've got everything saved

Ditto, thanks for the plans. I have been wanting to build a sheild for months. I even purchased the Tamiya's Flak model kit just to measure out the kit's sheild. Thanks again!
Manny

I received a "Guest Message" from somebody who has CAD drawings and wanted to know how accurate a laser cut of the flak shield would be.

The message disappeared, and I have no way of contacting him.

If he reads this, please email me at gary1930@yahoo.com

Thanks to all for posting the flak shield plans. Now all I need is a sudden infusion of enthusiasm and talent (especially the talent)

Gary,
No idea of why the message was from a guest as I was logged in when i sent it. I've sent you an email anyway and look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Cheers
Allan

Guys,
I hate to ask this in case I missed it but what is the proper angle for the upper and lower shields?
Bob

Glad you guys are enjoying these.
Thanks to Harold for measuring every thing up.
Good job , but remember they slide on and are attached with wing nuts to hold them in place.
If I find the picture I will post it.
Threw me off when I saw it after I started the things.
Also thanks To Simon for the original ones as he said okay to post them.

Jeff

PS so no excuses now not to have any on there.

Jeff,
Actually, everything is secured with wingnuts. The lower shields to the mounting bar, the upper shields to the lower and the vertical shields to the main ones.
Also worth keeping in mind that most of the dimensions stated above are too small. eg. the main shields are 99mm wide in 1/6.

Allan

Back