• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Fun Day in Massachusets

Squidley

Company Commander
I recently had the pleasure of going to the Collings Foundation 2019 Battle for the Airfield.

This is a reenactor event, that features a bunch of running US WWII equipment (jeeps, stewarts, shermans, an achilles (ok, that one is not US), some faux german armor (PZKW III, Stug III (the one that was in an earlly BOB episode), halftracks, etc). It was an excellent day.

What made it even more amazing is that there is a new armor museum there that features the "Pony Tracks" collection from out west. When Jacques Littlefield passed, he gifted his collection to the collings folks, and they auctioned off enough to build a museum around what they wanted to keep. That means that there are more beautiful working pieces of armor there then you can imagine. And yes, WORKING is right. Not rusting hulks on a field like abredeen, but beautiful, fully running, afvs. I saw a Panther, Stug III (not a fake), T34/85, early T34 with the two hatches, and so much more here's a link to the museum, and a few pics of the day. They do some funny stuff with the lighting in the place, so the stug is not purple....it just looks that way sometimes!

https://www.americanheritagemuseum.org/

img_2214_small.jpg

img_2213_small.jpg

img_2212_small.jpg

img_2211_small.jpg

img_2210_small.jpg

img_2209_small.jpg

img_2208_small.jpg

img_2207_small.jpg

img_2197_small.jpg

Sorry I didn't tell you guys about this beforehand.

Hoping to go back to the museum with my son soon.

Back