• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

fake paypal

DEIIP

Tanker
Hello fellow 1/6'ers,

I guess this is my bad month! After the whole ordeal with ebay, now I get this suspicious emial from pay pal. Now, what got me to think that it is NOT from paypal is becuase when they asked you for your password, ( you know, when before you log on ) well, I caught myself, typing in the wrong one. Well to my surprise, IT WENT THROUGH?!! So, I said to myself, hey wait a minute, let me open up another window, to see if i can go straight to my paypal account. And I typed the same password, and nothing...it didnt go through. So I was curious, to see what the other email from "PAYPAL" sent. I played along, to it, until it asked me that they were doing a survey, and that they needed to "re-aquire" my credit card info. And that is when I immediatley cut off all credit lines going to and from my bank account. After checking my account for any suspicious, withdrawls, ...everything came out ok. So then I forwarded the email from susposed "paypal" to the company so that they can take a stab at it. And come to find out, that they do NOT do any surveys or any of that sort . Maybe this has happend to other people, but for those who has not, then WATCH OUT!!! ITS OUT THERE.

You wouldn't be the first one to fall victim to these "phishing" types of scams. There's many threads on this site as well as the "Sixth" about them. Be carefull my friend!

Mark.

Sorry to hear you are having problems with Paypal. I hope it was not after our transaction. I normally get one or two those within a week of any transactions. I never answer them and always forward them to Paypal.

Jim

No...USMC7301, it wasnt..THANK GOD!!! But yeah, I am now a little bit more careful and aware.

Your first rule should be close the email and open you accounts up from you links in your favorites. This way you won't give your password out to scammers looking to steal your info. They are getting better and better at sending realistic looking Emails they even set up web sites using a lot of the info directly from the real web sites some of the web addys are close to the real thing to throw you off.

I'm not sure, but I heard if it's a real communication from PayPal, the salutation will have your actual name on it. If the salutation has something along the lines of "Dear Valued Customer".....DO NOT answer back because it does not have your real name on it, therefore making it a fake.

Biff

I got a suspicious paypal email today it was in my spam box which sent up the red flag right there because I get emails from them all the time and never has any gone to the spam folder also it was from PayPal with the capitol letters the other emails I get from them don't look like that

just be warned that someone is trying to dupe you I'll be forwarding that to them so maybe their crack legal team can nip it in the bud

For Ebay and Paypal, forward any "phishy" emails to spoof@ebay.com and spoof@paypal.com, respectively.

I do some work in this area, and I know that these companies, as well as other companies with a substantial Internet presence care about this issue and the more examples they have of these communications, the better they are able to fight it.

THANKS

Yeah, I guess this mostly happens during or close to the holiday season where alot of purchasing or merchandise is going on. Becuase now at my military installation, staff and civillians just received emails notifying all of us about this. To be aware and watch out for any phony emails!!! The things people would do, to steal....NUTS!!!

I've encountered these types of scam emails during the summer, supposed to be from ebay, paypal, cc and even banks that I don't have any dealings - I just send them to the trash bin.

:D

well the trash is where they belong but you need to notify these legit organizations so they can look into it and see if their vast resources can catch the thieves who are trying to steal from honest people

Hi,

What annoys me about all of these 'phishing' sites, are the logo's that they use.
Because with just a few seconds work, you can save all the page, logo's text everything.
And then use them to make up a false page, to try to catch people out.

If these companies are so interested in security....
Then stop the logo's etc from being right clicked on, then saved off to any computer.

Gary

Again, Ebay and Paypal do not protect the victims in any scandal. I am in a suit with Scott Hill (60stoy) and after 5 weeks with any items in my hands, Paypal gives the criminals another 20 days to make it happen. I wonder what Ebay and Paypal do to these criminals after countless reports of phishing and downright stealing. There seems to be no rights for the victims and all protection afforded to these criminals. They for sure take your money right away.

again

yeah, I know..it doesnt seem like the criminals in this case gets anything at all by either paypal or ebay. the only thing they get is YOUR MONEY!! I mean, what kind of punishment do they get???? A slap in the hands and go about your merry way???

I wonder about that also I finally got my case resolved with apogee toys and paypal reversed the funds back to my bank account but as far as I know there was no retribution against them from either PayPal or Ebay

to top it all off when the funds got reversed I looked at my ebay page and it said I needed to pay for 1 item which was the thing with apogee now I think they could come back and give me negative feedback for not paying if they want to

Back