• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Big Snake... er, Big Lizard

covert-

Mortarman
It's too bad I've been taken for a ride with this guy.

On one of my few trips to the Sixth Division's web site, I saw this character needed some items I had (Soldat 1 whistle, new style gas mask).

Made an offer on some stuff he had for trade (2 HJ knives, P38, and tank destruction badge) and we agreed it was a fair trade. Mailed my package off immediately and notified him of such. No reply.

A couple of weeks later, I received an email from him saying he had received my package and had mailed mine off that day too. At that point, I was a bit suspicious - every trade I can think of has involved both parties mailing their packages within a day or 2 of the deal being agreed on.

Received the package 3 weeks(!) later. Opened it up, and... tank destruction badge was not in the package.

Fired off another email stating the package was missing an item. Received no response.

8 days later, I sent another email - text below:
It's been over a week and I've heard nothing from you about the missing patch. What gives? Please let me know how you plan on resolving this or I'll have to leave a note about this on the Sixth Division boards.
Recived a reply stating this:
Ryan
I wrote you then and asked for your address. And my e-mail diden't bounce back.
Also I don't see how the frist tank destruction ribbin got lost? It was in with the rest of the items I sent you. So why don't you check the area you opened the envelope.
Gregg
Uh, what? e-mails sent but I never received them? I check my inbox, spam box and trash daily to ensure no false-positive emails get filtered, but there never was one from him in there. I also was put off by the condesending tone in the email stating I hadn't checked the package thoroughly or that I'd lost it. The package was opened on a tabletop, and the package, a padded envelope, opened neatly with a knife and once I noticed the ribbon wasn't in the box, opened on the seams to check all the corners to ensure it hadn't become stuck somewhere.

So anyways, I send off another email stating the obvious - yes, I'd checked the package and where I opened it. No, I hadn't received an e-mail. Stated that my address was the same as when I mailed him a package the first time, and that I'd like him to re-send the email he'd sent me, or at least some proof an email had been sent originally.

The last contact with this guy was over a week ago. Have since left a comment asking for clarification on his page on the Sixth Division's page as he obviously isn't answering emails.

I'd be fine with him admitting he didn't pack it, that it somehow disappeared from the package, or something like that but I've received nothing other than a lame reply to an email almost immediately after I sent it. The kicker has been the horrible communication.

Just want to let my fellow modellers know to steer clear of this person.

Stay on him. I've had several deals with the guy and he delivers eventually. Keep sending him emails at least once a week.

I'm in the same boat. Gregg cashed my check in March, but no product. I've e-mailed him, but apparently he's changed his address.
Does anybody have a current e-mail for Mr. Ryder?

A shameless bump regarding the Lizard. One of the members of the Sixth Division recently had a problem with this guy. My orders is, let's see now, about a year and counting.
He was quick to cash the check., however...
FYI-

It's now January, 2010, and I wanted to report that my order from February 2007 was finally filled by Mr. Ryder. I appreciate that he's filled my order...

Really is hard to believe that there are people who would stoop as low as some of these guys do!! Over what boils down to a hobby for most.

Good to hear that you finally received your items! 3 years, wow.

Don't be so tough, guys...it was really only 34 months. Maybe the guy is trying to turn over a new leaf. If anybody has the stones to order up, they can pass along how the 2010 Lizard is filling his orders.

Anybody want two completely undersized motorcycle headlight covers, badly cut? They look to be about 1/8, 1/10th scale.
They're of no use to me...let me know, free of charge...

Back