• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Anton Gause - The Horror!!

Loke666

Battalion Commander
I just pulled Anton Gause and his BMW out of the box minutes ago - after the initial chock and dispointment - I'll get the load of here:

The bike is made from polystone and metal and weight a ton - bacause of the materials and the weight its broken several places!

Its also very un-crisp in the details - so much that after a quick comparison with my old 21'st motor-combo - I must say I like that better!!
I have never held a Schuco bike in my hands - but it can't be worse!?

The paintjob are not very good - there are glue rest several places and it looks like someone hav been trying to cover some of them afterward with a dunkelgelb that doenst macth the original one that much!

The cover for the headlight doesn't fit the headlight and the bike has trouble standing on the foldable bipod-rest.

While the marketing, the box and Antons uniform says SS - there are only decals for making either Heer og Luftwaffe register plates?!?!?

Anton has a wierd looking face - wich is also polystone!

All in all Im disapointed up to point where I consider cancelling my order for the radioset.

I have been waiting for this set since november - and must say now it wasn't worththe wait or the money!!

Considering what DML have been doing the last couple of month I think I'll restrict my purchases from them drastically - hopes DID will take the lead - cause its time for a change!!!

DML could have done this in plastic - all the details could have been crisp like on the Kübel and the minor faults would have been forgiven and could be corrected without much regret - but now I feel cheated.

HENRIK

After looking further at it I have decide to write DML and ask for a refund - its simply not worth having!

Henrik

_____

Done!! I have put the crap back in the box and have written DML - so it up to them now.

All I can say is that after this I will rethink what I buy and from whom.

Henrik

Loke666";p="68429 said:
After looking further at it I have decide to write DML and ask for a refund - its simply not worth having!

Henrik

_____

Done!! I have put the crap back in the box and have written DML - so it up to them now.

All I can say is that after this I will rethink what I buy and from whom.

Henrik

Don´t sounds that funny!
good luck!
I hope everything turns out for the best with the mail to DML.

/ Thomas

I guess this is no consolation, but have you thought about upgrading the 21stC bike with parts from the DML one? I think the main shortcoming of the 21stC bike was the lack of a proper 4 cyl. BMW engine.

Royohboy - Im sorry to say that it wouldn't be an upgrade - because all the parts on the CH BMW are made of polystone including the engine. I won't f*** up my 21'st with polystone parts.

If DML won't take it back - my only hope is that some strange collector will buy it :roll:

Henrik

I was never a fan of the DML polystone bikes. I had the chance to get the Zundapp with figure for $80.00 at my local hobby shop and passed after I got to inspect it. The bike was priced at $100.00 but the hobby shop has a 20% off sale twice a year where they send the customers on the mailing list a coupon for the 20% off. A lot of guys love the DML bikes and they paid much more but I just don't see any value in them. I decided to stick with my 21st bikes even thought they are not as accurate at least they weigh much less and are a whole lot more durable. I don't know if you'll get much from DML but it's worth a shot all they can say is no.

Henrik,

I just wanted to say thanks. I found and e-tailer selling the bike and was thinking of buying it. After reading your post I desided it would be a huge waste of my money. I'm only sorry you had to waste your time and money for me to find that out.

:D

Presumably the item was ordered using a credit card ?.

In which case, if it arrived damaged or was not "as described or pictured", simply get the credit card company to refund you and CH can deal with them .........

Continue to reject this substandard garbage, and their poor products.

Henrik, I was sorry to hear your bad news, a friend who lives local to me is still waiting for his to arrive.
I have drawn his attention to your post. I just hope his will not be a repeat of your experience. I think I will wait to see what Bike comes in plastic in the future and make do with my single Kubel and two Fahrräder until then.

C H have been churning out crap product and charging seemingly excessive shiping for some time now so I suggest we all boycott their crap overpriced inaccurate,poorly finished pieces.

It amazes me that the more junk they produce, the quicker they sell out:they must be making less these days and with the assumption that they are selling the unusual items only via CH and customers panicing that if they dont order from CH they will miss out on product, CH will continue to produce junk because they know they can get away with it.

DONT buy the next three or four releases and they will soon get the message and be forced to improve, but all the while we complain but dont do anything about it, they will continue laughing at us .........

Here speaks an ex CH customer who took a stand at having waited 3 months from credit card being charged and not receiving any products ...

SIMPLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

I have received a very sober and decent mail from DML regarding the problem - asking for photos.

I have send the photos last night and am now awaiting their response.

Henrik

I think it's cool by DML to replace it, but considering what they did in the first place, a replacement shouldn't be necessary if they had done it right from the start.

So is it really that bad? I thought that the stuff should arrive in one piece at least?

Right now I'm trying to sort things out with CH/DML - when the new bike arives - I'll show you some pics of that.

If they send me a bike that is unbroken and better painted - there is still the material-question - unsolved.

I have asked for a refund - not a replacement. But I guess that a replacement is the best I can get - but its a gamble - since the polystone is so brittle that a new bike could be even more broken.

Anyway - right now I'm interested in getting this problem sorted out - then i'll report back on the final outcome.

Henrik

I too received this product from CHC, it was my first purchase. IT was also broken but not so much that I was considering asking for a replacement. The front engine guard was broken off and the rear wheel is attached with a non self taping screw whihc is incorrectly fitted to a non existant nut, thus making the wheel unturnable. Not that hard to fix but I guess given the cost (especailly for postage to Australia, over double that to USA)

Dave

P.S I hope the kettenkrad is better as I also ordered that

Back