• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

60stoy aka Scott Hill

Reizbar

On June 30th I won an eBay auction for an Mg-34 and ammo can from 60stoy. I had purchased several items from him in the past and never had a single problem. I paid him immidiately via paypal and patiently awaited the arrival of my merchandise. On July 13th I emailed him to check on the status of my order. I received a reply from him on the 15th of July asking how I had paid for the item. I immidiately replied that i had payed via paypal and even forwarded him a copy of the paypal receipt. This was his reply.

OK I'll get it out to you . Just didn't know if you paid by mail . Cause I got a letter with a MO but not email address or item number so I just have to wait till the guy contacts me and didn't know if that was this one.

Good excuse but had he been paying attention he would have noticed the email from both eBay and Paypal stating that I had payed for the items back on June 30th.

On the 18th I recieved this from him:

Found out that I lost payment emails from June 30th to July 7th. Found this on Paypal site . Will get stuff out to you.

Again good excuse but if he had looked at the completed listing he would have again seen that the item had been paid for and by who.

I contacted him again on July 25 asking where my merchandise was and requesting a refund if it had not yet been sent out. I also indicated to him that I would file a claim with paypal if either my money or the MG didn't show up. This is the reply:

I'll refund the money and send out another MG 34 along with the Kar 98 and the MP 40 . If the other one shows up let me know.

I waited until the deadline I had given him and filed a claim with paypal. The response on August 8th:

I refunded the money . Didn't you get it and I sent the card off of Max with a MG 34 . Mp 40 and Kar 98 last week .

My response:

No, I did not get the money or the items. I filed a claim through Paypal on 7/28 as I said I would and they stated that you failed to respond to their inquiry within the 10 days allotted. They have informed me that they were able to recover a total of $0.07 from your account and will attempt recover the rest:

"If you are due any additional amount from the seller, we will make our best
effort to recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
privileges."

I suggest that you check with Paypal to see what you need to do before they shut down your account. As for sending me a refund, it's obvious that you have my correct email address since it is in the copy of the paypal receipt that I sent you and it's also listed in the messages below. So you either sent it to the wrong person or not at all.

I'm guessing that email from paypal got "lost" as well.

His response over several emails:

Sent it to the wrong person .I'll explain in a sec.

OK here is what happened . This person xxxxxxxx.com bought a MG 34 from me on July 14 for $5.50 . His user name was close to yours and the fact he bought the same item for the same price threw me off. I'll send another email to show you I refunded him the $7.45 that was intended for you . Plus I sent him the weapons card with a MP 40 and Kar 98 and MG 34 on it. Sure he is puzzled but happy.But I have more .

Here is a copy of the pending refund from Paypal . So I did "send " you a refund but to the wrong "you"

If you go to my feedback and click on about the fourth one from the top 5985834370 you'll see he got his MG 34 . Which I thought again was you.

That was the last I heard from him until today when I logged into Paypal and saw that he was appealing my claim. I have since sent him an email telling him that I will drop the claim if either my money or the merchandise shows up. Otherwise I'm a very patient man. Judging by the ammount of negative feedback this guy has had lately you're best bet is to steer clear of him even if he does have some really good deals.

Tim, I bought some stuff from him last year and it was a CHORE!!! I think persistance is the key. I eventully got my stuff, but I never stopped e mailing him. I guess he's hit or miss on stuff, but he'll eventually get sick of hearing from you and send it. That seems to be the case if you dont let it go. Good Luck.

Well I finally got my money back, I'm sure that having a claim against him meant he couldn't receive any payments via Paypal had something to do with it. He also said he'd even send out the merchandise that I had purchased. We'll see if it shows up or not.

A pity we cannot close these people down,
they cause so many problems, get good traders a bad name. Cost good people good money and make the hobby poorer. I think they are in it for the dough and just harm the scene.
Sorry about your goods , If I can help you locate any Items here over the pond please let me know, I will try help you out .
"Your goods arn't lost Private "
"Like us , their in Normandy " a take on B.O.B.

I bought a Bobby Woll fig from him . Nice and clean . But he mightve tried to trick me , when he said he TOUGHT he already sent one to me .
He was going to give me 3 figs for a Soldat 002 tough .
Id trust ebay stores better guys .

I have almost bought from this guy before. He used to go by the name of Ft. Bragg Dragons or something like that. I read through his feedback and was immediately concerned. On top of that, his listings are very deceptive as well.

I am quite certain he has on occasion listed items he did not have on hand.

Sorry to hear you became one of his nightmares, Tim.

When I bid on Ebay I always read feedbacks first then shipping if there is no shipping price listed I Email them for the cost. I know too many guys who get burned on shipping. There are some Ebay sellers that nail you with high shipping costs when there item doesn't sell for what they want and then there are the guys would try and screw Ebay out of fees by charging low low prices and making it up on shipping. I have seen complaints about this guy several times. Most people got their stuff but it took a long time him to finally follow thru.

I just had a great dealing with Scott Hill. It seems he had had some troubles in the past. But nows running a good ship. I will do another deal with and let you know.

Chris

The question I have to ask is why on earth would you deal with anyone with that much negative feedback? Would you have been suprised if you had gotten screwed? There's nothing out there I want that bad. He never followed through on sending me the stuff he owed me and I doubt he has for anyone else he's promised it to. I don't think I'd call 9 negatives in the last month a good ship either but that's just me.

I got a DiD Wilhelm Keitel from him for $19 new in the box. The shipping was pretty fast also. So im not complaining.

Chris

I picked up a Mike Connelly from him about 6 weeks ago. It took him nearly a month to ship it. I had previously sent him several polite emails and finally on the last one I got down right abusive and recieved the figure 3 days later. I guess threatening to drive to N.C. to kick his ass did the trick. Now, he sends me emails telling me about his latest ebay offerings as if I was going to rush out and buy them. FAT CHANCE!! :@

I have had many ebay deals with him. Yes the items take up to a month to get to me and I am his neighbor in SC, but he has always delivered. I think he needs to state in his dealings that shipping could take a while. For those who got burned I feel for ya. We have all taken it up the wazu at least once or twice or 100 times! I can't see selling if you are going to be slack especially after folks have paid, simple communications would aleviate all the pain.

hmm

i ve had several dealings with him and all have been good he is the one that says take your time in paying. I also live in south carolina toysurgeon where are you at?

i purchased a rations flap from soldat 2 from him as well as the gas mask and bag from him from the same set along with an M42 from corbin black. Now heres where it gets weird. He sent me the M42 in the corbin black box whick is rather large but no ration flap or mask or bag. I purchased and paid for everything on May 28th via paypal and didnt get all of my stuff till July 2nd and about ten emails later all listing the same things as above. The goods were great but to be honest the service wasnt so good. Yeah I got my stuff but it should have been better in my opinion

I guess I am his latest victim, and judging by his growing negative feedbacks, I am not alone. Bought 4 auctions and paid before I realized who the seller was. I have purchased other items from a seller with a similar name, a LONG time agao, and just got caught with my pants down.

After a month of absolutely no emails or messages from him at all, I had to start a paypal dispute as I had warned in numerous emails and messages to him, of which he never replied.

For the life of me I cannot understand how he can sell so much stuff on ebay and foul up so royally so regularly. I got to belive that many people do not report him or neg him in fear of retaliation. I have NEVER had such a complete lack of communications with a seller before. Hopefully I get me $130 back through PayPal.

Sorry to hear it Reese, I can't help but wonder how many times a seller has to screw up before eBay actually steps in and does something about it.

I finally got my items. Took him nearly a month to get them in the mail to me and another few weeks to get to me as he sent them parcel post. Never an email saying they were on the way. What a schlub. I had opened a PayPal claim and finally he emailed so I knew to wait.

Some people :roll:

I am in a dispute with him now..Ebay and paypal don't do a damn thing..the best thing you can do is to put in lots of negative feedback.. Ebay and paypal protect the criminals!

Why people continue to deal with him is beyond me. He has proved over and over again that it is never just an isolated incident.

Well gents, after having read this thread, i took it upon myself to research this Scott Hill on ebay: the results were quite shocking. In my experience, when doing business were both partners must rely on each other's reputations, even one black mark is too much. For all the positive feedback Scott Hill may have received, to receive a negative is bad enough, but one hundred and eleven is inexcusable!
I took a look around is auctions and Buy-it-nows, and true, the prices do seem pretty good, but as my father always told me IF IT LOOKS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE, THEN IT IS! I for one would rather pay higher prices and deal with reputable dealers such the Monkey Depot and Toy Soldier Brigade (no offense to the other guys, I'm sure you're all great, but I've only ever dealt with these guys), then pay discounted prices and play the Scott Hill loto and run a 50/50 chance of receiving my item (and should I receive my item, receive it as described)
So in conclusion, BUYER BEWARE!
He who warns is no traitor, so no member of the SAG should ever fall victim to his thievery.

Back