• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

S
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• It would have been cool to meet you in Columbus but I had the family along as I try to show the kids (little) the WW2 stuff. I take the kids and an older german lady with me to Conneaut every year but only started going like 5 years ago. I would love to someday do a dio with some other 1/6 ers there. I think it would be cool. I also would love to get together as I am sure that you have more knowledge then I do since you did reenacting. I hope we can meet up and start something around here or maybe become travel friends to go meet some of the other guys. BTW, you can call me Shep for short as all my friends do. What period are you interested in? I am Normandy and on since my grandfather was there at this time.
    Hi Sheppard, funny you should mention Conneaut.. I used to be unit commander for the 5th Gebirgsjaeger Div. We were the German unit with the 8cm mortar up on the hill. I had a real blast there for a number of years but I pretty much had to quit my reenacting days after a nasty car wreck in 2003.

I have not been in this hobby long but am having a blast. Wish we could have met in Columbus at WOH. I'll be sure to let you know when I'm going to be in the Ashtabula area I'd really like to meet more people in the hobby also.

Phil
    Yes, I would enjoy to meet someone else in the hobby. I don't have much of a collection and most on here but do enjoy what I have. Take a look at Conneaut d-day as it is really worth going to. Thanks for the reply and hope to meet you someday.
    Hi, I work all over Cleveland but live in the Kent area. Occasionally I work in the Ashtabula area. I'll let you know when I'm going to be in the area if you'd like to get together sometime.

Phil
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back