• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Well I guess better explain my handle of Reef12

Reef12

Battalion Commander
Well it goes like this I had two reef tanks and one day I needed a User name I looked at my two tanks and bang Reef12 came out.

Some as I have not explained it think of the weed deal.

Nope none here. :!:

Picture of one of them, both gone now to much work to keep them going.
After my $35.00 Hawk fish committed suicide I sold the critters off and went back to fresh water.

Pictures one early and one latter on.

If in the wrong forum I guess can be moved.

Sorry

Cheers
Jeff

Salt water tanks are a lot of work and very expensive. I got a huge salt water tank free from the Boston School Dept. They got rid of it because it was too hard to and too expensive to keep on a tight budget and someone had to come in during the vacation to take care of it. We were planning on buying a Cat Shark if I remember right. (Are they hatched from some kind of egg) After talking to several people I gave the idea up. They said a shark was even harder to take care of than most salt water fish. I am not a fish person but the idea of having a real shark in a tank was cool. LOL

Yep sharks need a real clean tank and lots of room to swim as most constantly need to or will drown.
But the Lemon sharks are more of a classic pet for aquariums.

Cheers
Jeff

I'd wondered about your handle, Reef12 - this explains it nicely.

Just a quick note to say that it was a pleasure dealing with you; I hope we can work together again in the future - thanks!

Back