• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Warning: Toychest and Collectibles

original paintbrush

Machine Gunner
Placed a recent order, against my better judgement, during one of their sales. Here's what's transpired. Let me say too, that I don't wish to hear from buddies her or elsewhere about what a great guy he is or how he's an unfair target (where was the previous thread here?) - the bottom line, is that he one of the worst E-tailers that I've dealt with. It's the same story as before. Here are the emails now dragging on for a month and a half trying to get the pieces I ordered. These are just as rec'd and can supply them to the mods, if they wish.

1) From me to Toychest - Nov 4:
just rec'd an order I placed last week and I can't make heads or tales of it.

I'm guessing the missing items are out of stock (a concord book and a few loose items)? The receipt doesn't say, it just shows a line thru them.

Also, I rec'd two sets of wrong uniforms. I ordered an advertised HBT uniform from the Gustav figure and got...well...not sure. Just a basic DML german uniform.

I also ordered a DiD uniform that came with the Jakob Blau figure but some German officer's uniform.

Please help. Thanks.
2) Email from Victoria, on 11/5 - was excited to get a response so quick:

I will get the correct items out to you asap. I apologize for the mistakes! Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. Thank you
3) Email from me to Toychest, 11/19, two weeks later:

Victoria, nothing has arrived as of today's mail.
frown.gif
4) No response to that one, sent another email on 11/28, and also emailed a form response thru their website contact form.
Anyone there? I'm still waiting for a response for an order you guys messed up on 11/4!​
5) On 11/30, then I rec'd this email.
I sent out your replacements part right after I emailed you last time! Looks like they werent delivered for some reason! I apologize.. I will get a replacements for the replacements sent out. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. Thank you.
6) And now, my response today:
Still nothing...
So I guess the replacements for the replacements were both damaged in transit/stolen/etc.

At NO time have I ever rec'd an email confirmation of ANY package being sent to me.

So, I'm done ordering with them. The fact is they are the worst E-tailer I've dealt with the last several months. Buyer's beware.

PS - as of RIGHT now, the two items that were wrong, are STILL on the website...didn't bother to check the other missing items.

You can try PM'ing Cory as well, that is how I have gotten in touch with him, especially when I have had a problem. And for the record, Cory is good people, even if you don't want to hear it Tongue

Good luck, I know it can be frustrating.

Reese is trying to kill me with Kindness. :)

I posted over at the Sixth, so I'll mention it here too, that I did receive an email from Victoria saying they would just refund the amount of the two uniforms. Just an awful lot of work and back & forth for this, from my perspective.

il just add this to anyone who is reading this tread and hasnt ordered from toy chest before. i order from them all the time and buy from them in person at shows, cory always is kind enough to reduce totals when i buy from him at shows and if your on their mailing group, offers some kick ass sales online. never had a problem ordering from cory although ive never ordered loose parts, not saying that you didnt have problems, just my experience with him.

il just add this to anyone who is reading this tread and hasnt ordered from toy chest before. i order from them all the time and buy from them in person at shows, cory always is kind enough to reduce totals when i buy from him at shows and if your on their mailing group, offers some kick ass sales online. never had a problem ordering from cory although ive never ordered loose parts, not saying that you didnt have problems, just my experience with him.

So do I never a Problem.

Jeff

Same here no problems, one time wrong item shipped and they paid shipping both ways for the refund. Seem to be great people and i hope everything with them is ok and it works out for you also. Have a little faith
with the holidays and all, who knows what could of happened. I ordered black friday and had my stuff in a few days.

Sorry to hear you have had a problem. I have purchased items from them over the years, even done some trading. They are very good people to deal with. I am sure your issue will get resolved. ........Hammer

I've never had a problem with Cory or Mike.

Did order a completed 250 neu over a year ago and when I unpacked it the fron suspension sytem was broken........contacted Cory and told him what happened and got replacement parts in less ten 10 days.

They are great people and I trust them completly.

Cory is one of the best, we all make mistakes from time to time, putting them right is the key in this hobby.

Mike

Unfortunately, this is not the first incident - only the latest. Several others here and at the Sixth, have also noted varying problems, some identical to mine. My last two orders were several months apart, after multiple posts on both boards warning people, so I gave them another shot (from one of the email deals) and yet the exact same issues persisted.

I've only ordered a few times over the years from Toychest, and this is exactly why - I can't recall an order that ever came with a proper shipping notice and arrived 100% correct. Maybe a pre-order on a figure once, but that's it. Amaral said it in the previous thread here at the SAG - it's a "black box" that arrives at your door.

I've never experienced anywhere near the problems with other E-tailers in 10+ yrs of this hobby (trading & haggling), buying & selling stuff on Ebay, and my other hobby (drumming). The positives don't negate all the negative experiences. I'll leave it at that.

A reminder to everyone, me included, the board rule is no replies in cooler threads unless you have first hand knowledge of the deal, so let's keep the topic on topic.

If anyone feels they would like to give TCC some love, they can post feedback in the Quartermaster area for them.

OP's problem has been resolved and his experience noted. Nothing more to see here ;)

I am not really a fan of posting here as it seems like the 1/6th suppliers are disappearing and we should try and support the ones left but that does not negate a bad experience. I have had 2 issue's with toy-chest a few years back for a very large sum of money. I dealt mostly with Victoria on the 2 nd issue and was VERY DISSATISFIED with her over it, What bugged me most was the way she deflected every thing she did "wrong" back at me. I wont go into detail but both times it was a shipping issue and I have never placed a order since then...................Ron

Back