• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

upgrading DML "Old fashion" German Helmet

sherman1

Marksman
Hi all,

One of us asks me for german helmets, but didn't want elastic straps... :D

then I have already do it for a good friend, I upgrade with leather straps the old DML helmets.

pics are better than words...

first pic, the old fashion german helmet!

second pic, I remove the elastic straps

third pic, I realize in leather the straps (the buckle came from DID Edward Stiner helmet)

next step, coloured the leather!

the next step : coloured the leather straps!

I use the same water leather colour product, than the French Republican Lifeguard.

After one night for the dry process, then I polish the straps.

See you tomorrow for the end of this upgrade, very easy to do!

Another point about german helmet chin straps is that the buckle section should end up with the buckle approximately center of the ear, the buckle is worn on the left side of the helmet except in the case of a left handed person where the buckle strap would be on the right side of the helmet. The buckle strap is worn on the opposite side to which the rifle is held it is worn this way so not to get caught in the bolt as the rifle is cycled. Also there is no such thing as a left handed k98. Just thought I would add this to this great helmet detailing thread.

Back