• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Red Planet Toys

Krieger

Battalion Commander
Today is Oct 12. Exactly 2 months since I placed my order with RPT on Aug 12. Nothing has arrived, although he has had my money all this time.

3 weeks ago, on Sept 23 in response to an email from me, he told me that my order was next on his list. In other words he had done absolutely nothing with my order for 6 weeks.

It seems he has plenty of time to be posting at OSW.

I know the guy is slow but this is beyond ridiculous. He apparently runs the biz by himself and has a day job. Boo hoo hoo. If you're going to charge the same prices as everyone else, then you should offer the same turnaround as everyone else. Conversely, if you want me to cut you some slack for a 2 month (and counting) delay in getting your products out the door, then you should offer lower prices.

I had more or less quit ordering from him anyway. Now I'm really and truly done.

I've ordered from Erik several times over the past couple of years.

On the plus side, he often has hard to find items that other websites don't offer, which is nice. And his prices are sometimes better than other online stores. All of the orders have arrived with no issues.

On the down side, his shipping prices are a bit steep. And yes, he's usually pretty slow. But in the past, I've always received my order within 2-3 weeks.

I placed an order back in September, and have yet to receive anything. I've held off on contacting Erik about it so far, because it's only now just over the "21 business days" shipping timeframe that he states on his website. So I'm going to give it another week or so, and try to contact him if I still haven't heard anything.

Hopefully, this is just a temporary hiccup in his operation and he'll get the backlog sorted out before too long.

He does seem to spend a lot of time sending out email newsletters - I get more from RPT than all the other dealers put together.

I too had the same problem with dealing with RPT ... took forever for him to ship the items.

Only way to speed him up stop ordering from him.
I ordered once a while back, sloooow. Last order I placed .

It's unfortunate. I had to cancel my last order with him since it was going past a month with no items.

Hope it works out.

Took A Chance and ordered a few items from Eric recently.
He was very upfront with the fact that he was running behind and could take along time to ship, but he still got my order out in a timely matter.
His communication was excellent and I'm very pleased with the result.

Scott

Last edited:
I've tried to give Eric the benefit of the doubt and remain a loyal customer, while his prices have risen and his wait times have lengthened. But after waiting 9 weeks for an order I placed back in January, I've finally sent Eric an email to cancel my order and refund the payment to my PayPal account. He responded with a prompt refund and a courteous apology.

But I don't think I'll be shopping there any more. Another good 1/6th e-tailer bites the dust. :(

What's even more frustrating is that I see his website being updated regularly, and I get emailed ads from him every couple of weeks. He apparently has time to work on all that to generate new orders, but not to sort through his backlog of old orders.

Back