• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Poormans Flashring/diffuser

johnro6659

Brigade Commander
I got this tip and link in one of my photography classes.

I gave it a shot and it works amazing with the pop up flash built into most digital cameras.

http://www.adidap.com/200...iy-poors-man-ring-flash/

PMFlashring_003.jpg

PMFlashring_002.jpg

PMFlashring_001.jpg

Here are a couple pics I took using this poor mans flashring.

WithRing_002.jpg
WithRing_003.jpg

Aside from being resized these are untouched. No flash wash perfect shadow or lack of.

I also picked this great inexpensive ($28.00) lightbox kit online a few weeks ago.

Lightbox_002.jpg

Lightbox_001.jpg

• Deluxe Table Top Photo Studio - Photo Light Box
  • Tripod adjusts for steady shots
  • Lamps adjust for perfect height and angle
  • Red, White, Black, and Blue backgrounds
  • Carrying case for ease of portability

• Tripod Dimensions: 7.5 x 7.5 x 7 inches
  • Diffusion Box Dimensions: 16 x 16 x 16 inches
  • Lamp Dimensions: 7 x 7 x 9.5 inches
It's perfect for taking pics of a figure or two, it all folds up for easy transportation and the material stays taunt so no wrinkles. It has no brand and the place I got it from ran out but I am sure there are others out there.

Last edited:
Back