• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

My 1/6 M1 Abrams starter kit is almost ready ...

maa

Platoon Leader
Just got an eMail from a craftsman who is about to create for me a "starter kit" for a 1/6 scale radio controlled capable M1A1 Abrams.

Here's the picture he just sent me of the kit:
{The inset is the actual build up static model by the creator himself with two 1/6 scale crewmen in the turret.}
M1a.gif

The kit consists of:

• • Turret
    • Hull, topside and bottomside separatable for full access, integrated mounting points, hardware included. Skirts mounted. Holes prepositioned for solid axle design.
    • Left and right side bins(mounting required) for the turret with prehinged lids, hinge rods not included – use of paper clip wire, or similar, recommended.
    • Pre-bent wire rod* for left and right side bins; 3 for left side, 3 for right side. Trimming of excess wire required.
    • Rear bustle rack set (7 pcs), assembly required.
    • Pre-bent wire rod* for rear bustle rack, 3 total. Trimming of excess wire required.
    • Expanded metal screen* for bustle rack and air-inlet recess. Trim to fit required.
    • Rear Engine vent. Mounting required, hardware included.
    • 2 access hatches, normally welded in place. Unattached for the possibility of r/c related access.
    • 1 driver’s hatch
    • 1 loader’s hatch with periscope, pre-hinged
    • 1 loader’s hatch skate rail for M240 machinegun mount
    • 1 gunner’s primary site
    • Trunion for 120mm main gun

Cool. What about tracks and suspension? Do you know the overall dimension? Let us know.

Mark.

"Time to button up"

I'm machining those. Gonna be challenging, but since I need to build this .. :-o

RCTransmission.gif

I informed Mr. Little Big Tank man gearbox designer, Illiya, out in Holland about this kit, and he has his on order already. So, there will be at least 2 gas power R/C conversion of this kit. One in the east, one in the west. I'd bet Illiya will be faster to complete his though. But mine will be both Airsoft & paintball capable and feature two wireless cameras. 1 to steer the tank, 1 to aim the main cannon. Will keep ya posted as to developments. ;)

A gas powered R/C Abrams - what are you going to use for a chasis, a fiat?

That's got to be one huge tank if it is true 1/6. Most cool!

That is awesome! I would be interested in one of these bad boys can you PM me with some info and a contact address?

No Fiat chasis necessary. We should be able to use aluminum plates on the inside of the tub to firm an inner chasis that should give it enough structural integrity to hold the power train & take the pounding from R/C capability.

PM on the way for the gent who is interested. ;)

Got your PM Thanks! I have had correspondence with Illiya Mr R/C himself! He uses 21st Vehicles and just basically adds a metal insert in the vehicle to give it strength and rigidity it also keeps the heat from damaging the plastic. He uses engines from weed wackers and gas powered items he scrounges up. I am itching to see this bad boy done!

Back