• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

M5 Armament Subsystem

armorpax

Battalion Commander
Hi All,

As I have a lot of casting to do this weekend I decided to tackle something a bit easier to pick up and put down rather than the large sections of SK5. The M5 Armament subsystem mounted on the SK5 is the same as that used on the nose of gunships like the Huey. Its a 40mm automatic grenade launcher. I had already made the ammunition drum for it and still have the feed chute and remote control system to make but they will come later. 2 x 83mm dia.ABS domes from EMA form the turret with the usual plasticard and plastruct additions. Two pieces of velcro (the fluffy bit) form the brushes either side of the barrel slot. I wasn't going to do the interior when I cut the lid out it seemed a shame not to. I had the back end of a broken minigun and after cutting some of the bits off it looked close enough to mount on the top of the barrel and give a fair representation of what would be inside.

Best regards

Dave

P5300589.jpg

P5300583.jpg

P5300584.jpg

P5300585.jpg

P5300586.jpg

P5300587.jpg

P5300590.jpg

P5300591.jpg

P5300593.jpg

P5300594.jpg

Hi All,

The feed chute is some old off cuts of material formed over a plastruct square tube frame. I glued two sections together to make the rough size of the grenade feed then melted it into shape over a low heat on the hob.............is this starting to sound like a recipe?

The material is tacked into shape with superglue to give the right hang. I use the same principal when I do 1/6 scale figures. Its had a coat of Humbrol matt 72 and I find if you just paint it on roughly it takes on a natural weathered effect.

Best regards

Dave

P5310600.jpg

P5310601.jpg

P5310602.jpg

P5310603.jpg

P5310604.jpg

P5310605.jpg

P5310606.jpg

P5310607.jpg

P5310608.jpg

P5310609.jpg