• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Legends Toys and Hobbies

gary1930

Company Commander
I bought a Taowan 222 from Legends Toys and Hobbies on
Ebay. It was described in the listing as "New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item." It was a one-only, free shipping, buy-it-now auction.

When they shipped it, I got a curious email assuring me they had checked it for damage and advising me to contact UPS if I find any damage.

When it arrived, the box showed no damage, and the car itself was in perfect shape. Inside the hull, wrapped in bubble wrap, were these gun parts:

DSC03518.jpg

The gun is bent sideways, the seats are both mangled, the seat mounts are broken off, and the gun mount itself broken off the hull. The entire assembly is made of metal, and the gun mount was spot welded to the hull.

If in fact they shipped it in undamaged condition, it is one of the mysteries of the universe as to how this damage occurred.

When I filed a claim with Paypal, they immediately offered to refund $50, which I accepted.

Let the buyer beware when dealing with Legends Toys and Hobbies.

I assume that the gun was attached to the vehicle when it was wrapped and they put bubble wrap around it to "protect it". Then the vehicle bounced around when the UPS warehouse crews played football with the box. At that point the weight of the vehicle pushed the gun into the top of the box and bent the s**t out of it! Sound plausible?

Sourdoh";p="161656 said:
I assume that the gun was attached to the vehicle when it was wrapped and they put bubble wrap around it to "protect it". Then the vehicle bounced around when the UPS warehouse crews played football with the box. At that point the weight of the vehicle pushed the gun into the top of the box and bent the s**t out of it! Sound plausible?

That may have happened in transit from China to L.A., but not from L.A. to me.
The gun assembly was busted loose, mangled, and wrapped in bubble wrap before UPS got it. UPS is blameless on this one.

"When they shipped it, I got a curious email assuring me they had checked it for damage and advising me to contact UPS if I find any damage."

To me, this statement was a warning of what was to come. Basically, they told you it was broke and go ahead and get in contact with UPS.

That sucks Gary, I pick up things here and there from them and never had a problem.

Glad to see you around again man.

Who's right and who's wrong is not the issue. The issue is to get a new (unbroken and mangled) gun. You can only do that from the manufacturer. UPS could pay you something for the damaged part, but you are still holding a screwed up gun and a few bucks. Manufacturer. Bitch at them 'til they send you a new gun. Post your bitches on every forum you know of until the manufacturer sends you a new gun just to shut you up!

Years ago I had exactly the same type of issue with legends. I received an undamaged box with a bubble wrapped major midnight bunker that was broken with part of the bunker missing. the bubble wrap was undamaged and when I contacted them, they asked that I ship the item back to them at their expense which I did. They did refund the price of the item and refused to pay the shipping which was expensive secondary to the size of the item. I have never used their services since nor will I.

Also Sourdoh, if legends opend the box and checked for damage then the original manufacturer is no longer responsible. legends is, they should replace the damaged item.

Back