• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

kicksfinding from EBay

caribmar05

Rifleman
Has anyone dealt with the EBay seller kicksfinding from Canada?? My PAYPAL payment went to kobe83126@hotmail.com. I won a BBi figure from him over two weeks ago & haven't seen anything?! I'm a little surprised b/c his rating is over 99%, This is the reason why I haven't posted a negative response yet. The biggest disappointment is that I've sent out three (3) emails requesting the status of the figure & I haven't received a response yet. I'm still holding back on my next course of action but will take additional measures if I don't at least get a response. Someone please tell me it’s a misunderstanding. Thanks!

eBay rateings are over rated.. no suprise after my experiences on eBay - My longest wait was 6 months+!!! - Did you use PayPal? ..Use live help.. and make sure it doesnt go for longer than 30 days before you step it up

Kicksfinding

Well I followed through with "negative feedback"; this is my first one on EBay. After I filed a complaint through PAYPAL, he/she refunded my money and almost a month later. They still didn't even have the common courtesy to state why it took forever to resolve?! I guess I'll brace myself for my first retaliatory "Negative" feedback, this will be my first one. There goes my perfect score but I felt strongly about this one, Ohwell.

Manny

Happens mate ..
- I got bad? feedback after a bad experience myself, the word "OTHERS" was left about me---- ?? !!?
- Anyway @ least you got your money..

That's one of the problems with the eBay rating system is the Feedback system. One would image now that eBay owns PayPal that the paper trail proving the buyer in this case was the one who was mistreated would in turn prevent the seller from posting retaliatory feedback.

Glad to hear you got your money back. Just had a similar experience myself with another online seller.

If you get a negative, you can always try to resolve the negatives by mutually withdrawing your feedback (Not the best answer) or you could let it stick and follow up with an expanation in your feedback rating. Ie, "Seller took money never shipped item, PalPal refunded mymoney and I get Negative???" or something to that effect. I know as both a buyer and a seller, I check out my bidders/ sellers. If there is a negative, I look into it. If something rational is posted, then I proceed from there.

Best Wishes

Follow-up

Want to provide follow-up, I’m deployed so now I have an opportunity to respond. I got the negative feedback that I expected. He (The Seller) managed to contact me via email. He wanted to “Mutually” withdraw the negative feedback. After I responded that I was not going to withdraw it…he proceeds to report me to EBay as “No payment received”. As a consequence I get one “Strike” on my account? Well, I explained the situation to EBay & provided evidence of the transaction; not to mention there is a paper trail via PAYPAL. EBay deletes the strike but the negative feedback remains. Me the Buyer and the Seller have to agree to withdraw the neg. feedback. Keep in mind that the SELLER is still contacting me via email to get the negative feedback mutually withdrawn. This must be a common practice for him b/c he has over 10 mutually withdrawn feedbacks. The negative remains b/c this guy is SHADY!!!!

Manny

Back