• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

FedEX

johnro6659

Brigade Commander
Hi guys,

I don't know what kind of luck you have with shipping companies but as far as I am concerned FedEx is the worse. Back a couple years a go I had my first experiance with FedEx. I lost 3 orders because they just drop a package on the sidewalk in front of my apartment right in plain veiw and almost blocking the walk way. Several packages I got looked like they were tossed in front of a truck and stuff was broken inside. The latest incident I ordered a new guitar. I paid $45.00 for shipping from Utah a little excessive IMHO but it's supposed to be insured yadda yadda. Well the bass got here and it had a big ding and chipped finish so I sent it back. It's replacement was shipped last week and was supposed to be here today. I had my front door opened all day. A friend dropped by at 10:30 and I had to do something around 2:30 in the afternoon. I checked the tracking online before I left to see if there was any new info. According to Fed Ex it was delivered at 10:17 am less than 15 minutes before my freind got here. I called FedEx and got the run around. No one would give me a supervisor claiming they were all busy the 3 times I called. They took my number and never called back. The company I bought the guitar from said to get a police report with the name of the driver who said he delivered the package. I called FedEx to try and get the info I need for the report and again they gave me the run around. I have never had a single problem with UPS or the USPS ever all my packages arrive in great shape and if no one is here they leave a notice not drop and run like FedEx. For a couple extra $$ I would use either USPS or UPS to ever ship thru. I know I have heard some horror shows of FedEx shipped stuff but don't remember hearing any UPS complaints. I'm not finished with Fed Ex and plan on sending a complaint to the BBB but I have to find out where Fed Ex main offices are located.

Me too, all of them. UPS does the "drive by" delivery all the time, but luckily I have bushes that hide my front door from the street. I had a "signature required" package delivered Friday, so I made sure I was there to pick it up. They never rang the bell or knocked. By the afternoon I checked the tracking online and it said "delivered". Sure enough, it was on the doorstep ... I wonder who signed for it :s

And UPS trashes just about every large package I have ever had delivered.

I have had several large packages (Tanks/Vehicles) come UPS and they were fine. I did get one package that was fairly small come UPS that was squished the driver waited a few so I could check the stuff inside. It was a couple bodies and some uni things so there was no problem. If it was real fragile stuff I'm sure it would have been trashed. Here I have had the same UPS driver for years. I don't know UPS drivers bid on routes else where like they do here. A lot of FedEx stuff is sub contracted so you never know whos going to deliver your stuff. I am sure the driver swiped my guitar. My front door is wide open and my desk is right in front of the door 3 feet away so I can see it while sitting here. FedEx told me the drive said he put the package between my screen dorr and regular door but the door was opened so there is no way he could have been here. I have no problems at all with USPS but that could be because I grew up with my mail carrier and my best friend Kim is the supervisor at the dist facility they work out of. LOL The UPS driver told me my neighborhood is consider a high risk area so they will not leave anything with out a signature. FedEx knows this but doesn't seem care. This is basically a license to steal the drivers can say they dropped something off and never actually deliver it. I know of three guys that used to come into work selling brand new laptops and other high priced electronics they scoffed off of thier trucks or the loading docks. FedEx eventually caught them but refused to prosicute, they just had them resign.

DHL can be worse. We have a low cinderblock/wrought iron fence in front
of our house and the DHL driver left the parcel on the sidewalk out in front
of the fence instead of coming thru the big open gate and up to our door.
Luckily and amazingly it was out all day and we did not know about it till the
next day when our neighbor told us it was there. I was a mail carrier for
20 years with USPS and you are supposed to attempt delivery at the door
all the time. If apts you arrainge to leave at mgrs office with a notice in the
mail box. As a carrier instructor this is how i trained new carriers. Sadly
both UPS and DHL lately have been leaving stuff in our driveway or on the
street as well without bothering to come to the door (another 10 feet).

Well, after all my complaining to FedEx, the fact I called the shipper, filed a police report and had a long talk with my regular FedEx guy my guitar has been found! It's amazing considering they insisted it was delivered here.

I will also say they all suck. In the last 4 months I have had the post office smash 2 kubes, u.p.s smash a 250 from the toy chest and fedex lose a box then find it then lose it a second time and now they are still looking for it! lets bring back the pony express im sure they will do a better job...............mule

I have no complaints with FedEx, I think alot of it has to do with the delivery guy. The FedEx guy that delivers to my place is a nice chap from South Africa. If he rings the doorbell and no one answers, he takes the packages to the utility room at the back of the house and leaves them INSIDE the door. UPS and the USPS are a different story. In the winter, it doesn't matter if I shovel the snow from the deck where my front door is, or not, the UPS guy actually stands on the sidewalk and THROWS the packages a good 10 or 12 feet to the front door. The regular Mailman is a nice guy, too, and I've never had any complaints, but some young punk in horn rimmed glasses substitutes for him sometimes, and he neglects to pick up my outgoing mail, even if he leaves new mail in the box. Does he not understand that the credit cards that I use to supply my plastic crack addiction have due dates? I guess everyone has a complaint with someone, and I just thank God that SAG has a place like this to vent our frustrations.

Jamie C. Kendall
Finger Lakes, New York

I think if you check UPS, Fedex and DHL have to have a signature for all parcels delivered or they are responisilbe. Make sure that in the past you have not given them permission to leave parcels at your door, that's the only way they can do it and not be responsible. Call your local depot and have them note that no parcels are to be left at the door. The driver should then leave you a notice that a delivery was attempted telling you when the next delivery will be done or a number to call to arrange for delivery or pickup. Most important, spend the extra few bucks for insurance or delivery confirmation. If you use USPS a lot get a PO Box.

With around 20 years of shipping parcels worldwide from the US, using all of these services I have only lost one out going parcel and none incoming. But you have to use insurance and make sure they know that nothing is to be left without a signature. As in all walks of life there are lazy and disnonest people about, shipping services have their share of these. Overall they are all okay, Fedex Ground is most likely the worst as they use a lot of contract drivers.

Hope this helps.
Mike

:D

you are not alone , I have been chasing issues with US mail and parcel force in UK, over a dodge command car. It was delivered 12 days late , in Jan 07. The contents busted and the box looked like a tank hit it. :@

Was bought from store on 44, they are helping me , Have filled loads of claim forms in & still hve not a penny in compensation. :s

Stupid thing is I have other stuff sent from Europe by UPS and came in mint? :lol:

You pay insurance & I'm still waiting 5 months on. Pay pal say its not their problem ? So chasing via the mail insurance. :@

Not good. :s

We share the same fox hole at the moment br'o in this one. ;)

Let me know how it goes. But I agree these mail / shipment companies suck ! big time. We should be able to sue . can we expose them on TV & Radio ?? ;)

Joe B :!:

So far, of the various carriers, only FedEx has been a problem for me :(

They have "lost" a 1:1 WWII Airborne Stretcher and a 1:1 WWII Hand Crank Generator! Both were large heavy items that could not have been misplaced. :s

Tracking showed 'em getting on a truck, but never getting off.
Yes, they reimbursed the 'puchase price', but the items are rare, and I still haven't found replacements at any price.

mdeevl

Back