• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Cyber Hobby

General Specific

Battalion Commander
Back when the German Tents came out, I decided to order 2 tents from CH. Later in the evening I decided that 2 tents were not enough so I ordered 2 more tents. (2+2=4 Tents) This is where the trouble began.

CH cannot figure out the complex nature of how to process 2 orders going to the same address. They charged me 860.00 HKD to ship the first set of tents to me and an additional 860 HKD to ship the second set of tents to me for a total of 1720 HKD (Don't get me started on the shipping method as I emailed them asking that the items not be sent express overnight delivery but...). If the tents had indeed arrived in 2 separate boxes and if they shipping amt was accurate as much as it would have hurt to pay that exorbident amt of shipping, I would have let it slide.

When the tents arrived all 4 tents were in the same box. This set off some alarms so I contacted UPS the shipper and found out that the package only cost 924.67 HKD to ship the items. CH tells me that they shipped the items together to save on shipping. Hey I thought this is a good idea, so did they pass the savings along to me? NOPE they pocketed the savings and kept the extra money they charged on shipping.

Just to summarize the above CH overcharged me for shipping by $120 USD and then kept this amt as their prize for combining the orders and saving themselves money. Was I indecisive when ordering and should I have had all 4 shipped together in the first place, YES, be that as it may this is my money and not theirs. When one purchases an item they expect to pay what they see on the shipping stamp. If there is a savings in shipping, the buyer should benefit from that savings, not the seller. If the seller wants more money then they should raise the price of their items. In essence they stole this money from me. I contacted VISA and they advise with these types of companies they can charge anything they want for shipping and that the VISA comapny can only dispute purchases not shipping amounts.

This is the oldest eBay trick in the book and it is a SAD day when a company like CH has to do this to earn a little extra cash. I have tried their dispute resolutions centre (Going on 2 months now with no effect) and have had 2 reply emails from them, both of which do not address the situation at all. Bottom line is that they saved money on shipping and then overcharged me for it hoping I wouldn't notice. Be very very careful when dealing with Cyber Hobby, incidents like these are usually not isolated and can be an indicator of a companies business practice.

Watch your 6 when dealing with Cyber Hobby. They will take you for a ride if they can. This is my 1st and last experience with Cyber Hobby. Beware.

The above are facts from my specific case. This is not a bash on the retailer as facts are facts and don't know how to bash.

GS:

had the same problem last year with CH where they overcharged on the shipping. I protested the excess amount with my CC company. They at first balked because the card had been charged prior to 30 days B4. Once I explained the shipping situation they agreed and credited the difference.

I have continued to odered from CH with no reprecussion about the credit.

HTH

Thanks Hammer,

Still working through it with my CC company. Although so far I seem to be at an impasse. Not sure if it is a VISA thing or a Canadian Gov't legislation thing or what not. Will keep this thread posted if I get a resolve from the issue. Basically I just want the money that I was overcharged on shipping back. Will keep this thread posted.

So far I have had CH cancel one of my other orders due to this incident. Just as good IMO. It's nice to know that there may be a light at the end of the tunnel with this issue and that others who have had similar problems have had favorable outcomes.

THanks!

Wow . In summary, CH charged you double for shipping and when you pointed it out and asked for a refund, they decided YOU were a troublemaker and blacklisted you.

Sounds like a story from the "Cultural Revolution" days.

K.

Its an Asian "losing face thing", I get this a lot in my travels out there, as a foreigner its always your fault..mai pen lai as they say in Thailand.

Back