• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Beware SAG member "Snakep" AKA Mark Butzler

paydan

Marksman
Well, a month later and I finally got my funds back. Thanks Paypal and Bank of America. :!:

For those of you that don't know the story, I purchased an AH 250 from SAG member "Snakep" AKA Mark Butzler here on the crap game forum.
Click here
Prior to the purchase I had excellent communication with him. Every email that I sent had an immediate response to it. He told me that he was just selling the item because it was just sitting around and he needed the money for repairs to his car. Being as trusting as I was we had agreed to a price and I sent him the funds via Paypal. Just as soon as I Paypaled the funds the communication came to an abrupt halt. I had to have sent twenty plus emails and got nothing in return. I got alot of feedback from members of the site saying that I should have checked his posting history first before I did any dealings with him since he had only eight. I really didn't think much about that at the time since I had only a few myself and I had been hovering in this site for the past few months. After a few weeks of waiting I had to draw the line and I sent one last email to him stating that if I didn't hear anything from him in the next couple of days that I was going to file a complaint with Paypal and with my bank. Still nothing. I filed the complaints with both institutions and just like clockwork I finally got a response. He gave me this BS story that his nephew tried to commit suicide and that he had to rush to his aid. He wrote me this long email stating his story and that he is usually better at comminication. He told me that he was going to refund my money because his situation was going to take all of his efforts. I thought to myself that would have liked to have had the item but that this was the better course of action. So I emailed him back and gave my condolences to his problem and told him that I was appreciative of the pending refund. Almost a week goes by and nothing has come from him. I again send numerous emails with no response. I finally had enough. Instead of writing me this long and exhausting BS email, he could have logged onto his Paypal account and refunded my funds with his reason attached with much less effort. I couldn't wait any longer so I filed the claim. Just over a week later I got my money back. Not because he sent it back, but because my bank's fraud department collaberated with Paypal to get it back. The worst thing about this whole situation is not that I almost lost my money, but that I be very, very cautious when doing any future dealings, if ever. It is individuals like this who give this hobby a bad name. If you are reading this...Thanks for wasting my time Mark. ::

Cheers,
Paydan

Hello Paydan

It really is a crime that an A-hole like this guy can perpetrate a fraud in this manner. It appears that the admins have removed him from the site.

I can see how this would leave a bad impression of trading with you, but keep in mind that 99.9% of the members here are upstanding people and most of us would just love to get a clown like this in a round room for some remedial therapy.

Geoff

It appears that the admins have removed him from the site.

Actually no, that would make it harder to contact him or let him come on with his side of the story or make things right. Account still active, PM and email still valid.

I have placed a warning in his trade post.

I hope people do take cooler postings seriously and review them before any trade. Unfortunately, it usually takes a trade or two to determine if there is a problem, so checking references in the Dog Tags section can help as well.

I am always leary of any large trade with someone without a trade history.
Keep folks honest and report them here when things go wrong.

Back