• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. B

U-124 gray wolves

Wow! Very nice. The skin tones on the HS and hands is perfect. I don't know if you received it or not but I sent you an email on your website. I wanted to ask you a few questions. Cheers on another great figure.
  2. B

Budapest 1944 LSSAH

Great figure. Awesome weathering. What company made the boots? Are the top sections plastic or real fabric? Thanks.
  3. B

Iwo Jima 1945

Great looking figure. I like the fact the the weathering was kept to a minimum. What paints, colors, techniques did you use on the SS M1 Garand (metal and wood). I'm in the process of repainting one and looking for some advice. Thanks, -Kevin
  4. B

How To Make a US BAR Belt in 1/6th (Part1) + PICS

I'm looking for thin 3mm webbing for helmet straps. Thanks, -Kevin
  5. B

How To Make a US BAR Belt in 1/6th (Part1) + PICS

Looks like very tedious work. Very inspiring. I was curious to know where you get your webbing material? I've been searching for realistic thin webbing material but no luck. Thanks, -Kevin
  6. B

1/501st PIR WIP

Where did you get the custom cotton helmet strap? Thanks, -Kevin
  7. B

Creating U.S. Helmet Texture?

Brent, Thanks for the tip. The Rustoleum texture was a little too sharp right out of the can but after sanding it down slightly with a fine sanding stick it looks perfect. Cheers, -Kevin
  8. B

Creating U.S. Helmet Texture?

I stripped a DID US helmet, replaced the brim strip from aluminum foil with one that is thinner and in scale (and not dented) but now I need to create some texture on the shell. In the past I've used surface primer (Mr. Surfacer 500) and stippled it with an old brush. However, I can't seem to...
  9. B

Screaming eagle

What is aeropraph? Thanks. -Kevin
  10. B

Screaming eagle

Mario, Beautiful figure. Great posing and use of the headsculpt. What techniques did you use to weather the uniform and webbing? Also, are the metal fittings on the combat suspenders scratch built or are they from a photo etch or aftermarket set? Thanks, -Kevin
  11. B

First Figure - 502nd Pre-jump

Great First Figure Great first figure. You obviously have some prior modeling experience. I really like the D bale addition to the helmet. I just finished customizing a DID paratrooper helmet into a fixed D bale version. My only comment is (and I'm sure you are already aware of this) that the...
  12. B

US Brass Webbing End Tabs: Painting/weathering question

I am using Armorpax photo etch US buckles and end tabs set and trying to get a decent patina finish on the brass like real WWII US Army gear. I tried A-West Blacken-It but it did not do anything. Does anyone have any suggestions how to make the clean photo etched brass look like real US brass...
  13. B

82nd Airborne

Great figure. Everything is very well done. What techniques did you use on the BAR? What manufacturer made the gloves? Thanks.
  14. B

Solider story or Newline Jump boots any choices?

I have not seen the Soldier Story jump boots in person but I don't think you can beat NLM jump boots. They are made from real leather and can be painted and weathered to look extremely realistic.
  15. B

LAH MG squad, Normandy 1944

Very nice figures. My only suggestion would be to have someone carrying a spare barrel case for the MG42. Great work.
  16. B

Upgrading the MP44 pouches.

Nicely done. I always love to see people customizing instead of just kit bashing. My only suggestion would be to do a raw umber wash on the web straps but other than that it looks terrific. Where did you get the metal fittings on the suspenders? Thanks, -Kevin
  17. B

Ppsh41 from Did.

Thanks for the answer regarding the buckle. Did you replace the strap and if so what did you use? Or is that still the original DID strap? Thanks again. -Kevin
  18. B

Ppsh41 from Did.

I agree Dougmo. It's always refreshing to see people improve and rework parts rather than just kitbashing. It seems less and less people are interested in customizing gear these days.
  19. B

Ppsh41 from Did.

Nice work. How did you make/improve the metal buckle on the pouch? Thanks, -Kevin
  20. B

"September Storm"#2, UntrFldwb. 1.GJ-Div.

Another great figure. My only comment is that the binocular strap looks a bit too large. Everything else is perfect. -Kevin
Back