• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. O

M8 Armored Car

When I got back into 1/6 Scale like 10 years back one of the early cool vehicles you could get was the G.I. Joe M8 Armored car. You soon find out that it is way under Scale So I modified mine by lowering the floor and even making a bigger turret so the figures could fit in better. I finally...
  2. O

1/6 Scale Staghound Build

Things seam real quiet here lately. Finished my latest project a 1/6 Scale Staghound. Originally it wasn't on my project list but after seeing a couple here I thought I would try and build one from scratch. Of course it is made from Styrene. Lets see if I can get some pictures to load...
  3. O

Canadian Otter Armored Car

Time to share my latest project. The Canadian Otter Armored car. It was a more difficult build than I thought it would be with lots of angles. I have built some German Armored cars with lots of angles too but this one seemed more difficult. I think the parent 1/35 model was of lower quality and...
  4. O

AEC Armoured Car Mark III

The AEC was a British Armored Car from WWII. A very large armored car it had the same 75mm Cannon as the Churchill or Cromwell Tanks. The Mark III version came out in 1944 and it weighed 15 tons. This build was made almost completely from 1/8" Styrene. The Closest wheels I could find in scale...
  5. O

Tiger I Rebuild

Everyone likes seeing a Tiger and after seeing so many good ones here I decided it was time to make improvements to mine. This was one of my early 1/6 models. I built it in 2008 I believe back then the ABS Tiger was produced by Rolling Thunder Tech and I think I got this kit off ebay at a...
  6. O

Hf7 Stahlfeldwagen

I actually finished this project in may of 2016 but never got it outside to take pictures because I didn't want to go to the trouble of putting it all together outside. So now I've spent a couple hours out in the Humid Florida Heat to take pictures of three projects I'll be sharing with you. I...
  7. O

Bedford QL Truck

The Bedford QL Truck was one of the main British made Trucks during WWII. There were several different versions and I chose the QL Cargo variant. Had some help locating pictures from Old Git and Rohoboy on the British 1/6 board. The model is made of Styrene with wheels from Battleground...
  8. O

SdKfz251/22

I took some time off from building British Vehicles to build and modify a couple German Halftracks. I decided to convert my 251/9 into a /22. Anti-Tank seems more fun than Artillery in a dio. Originally I planned on scrapping another 21st Century Toys Pak 40 which I have done building a few...
  9. O

25 Pdr. QF with Limber and Quad Gun Tractor

I believe I posted awhile back my Ford CMP Quad Gun Tractor. Now I have finished the limber and 25 pounder to go with it. Sorry no fancy Armortek Kit here I probably have about $50 in materials in each piece. The only thing I don't like was I was not able to get the wheels I wanted to use...
  10. O

Ford FGT

Finished my latest project a couple weeks back and just found time to take it outside for a few pictures. I say few as it's very hot outside. One of my favorite models as a kid was the Ford (Chevy?)Field Gun Tractor towing the 25pdr with limber. Right now it tows my 6pdr but the limber and then...
  11. O

SdKfz10/5

Thought I would share my latest project. I actually started collecting parts for this a couple years ago when the Armor Hobbies Halftracks were $99 delivered. The Flak 38 was a Christmas gift and I picked up the extra wheels and tracks from monkey Depot. The Transmission bell was a panzerwerk...
  12. O

Backyard Battle #8

I finally got around to doing my latest Backyard Battle. After a lengthy renovation of my 1/6 Scale village which is slowly rotting away outside I added a length of railroad tracks. I had planned to build a railroad depot but ran out of time. Two of my old buildings were moved and painted and...
  13. O

M18 Hellcat

After being put off for two years by other projects I finally got to build my M18 Tank Destroyer. With no parts available I had to build my own or flub on accuracy to make things work. Mainly the tracks are Panzer IV tracks from Field of Armor. Headlights, Siren and 76mm shells are from...
  14. O

M4a3(76)hvss

I have seen several members versions of "Fury" and now mine is finished. I had a Dragon Kit that I purchased cheap some time back sitting on the shelf and after seeing Fury I knew what I had to do. Resin T66 track links and a sprocket along with a Siren were purchased from Panzerwerks. (Thanks...
  15. O

Churchill Mk.VII (with pictures!)

Had to figure out how to attach my pictures properly. Something has changed since the last time I did this. I started with the center hull made of 1/8" thick Styrene. I added on the sponsons that the tracks will wrap around. The turret was formed from several plates with curves each formed...
  16. O

Churchill Mk.VII

Finally finished with my Churchill and thought I would share. Made out of 1/8" Styrene there was alot of parts to make. Thanks to Steve at Panzerwerks for all the hard work molding 150 track links. The links on a Churchill are a different design so nothing else can really substitute. As with...
  17. O

1/6 Scale Daimler Armored Car.

Thought I would share the last in my series of British Made Armored Cars. Some sources say the Daimler Armored Car was the best British Armored Vehicle of WWII. It is made of 1/8" thick styrene with wheels by Battleground Vehicles.
  18. O

Daimler Dingo Armored Scout Car

Just wanted to share my latest creation. Watching You Tube videos of the Dingo they must have been neat to drive. About the same length as a Jeep and a bit wider. This one is made of 1/8" styrene and has Panzerwerk resin wheels. Next up is the Daimler Armored Car.
  19. O

Humber Scout Car

Just finished the second half of my British recon unit. The Humber Scout car is a jumble of angles and was difficult to build. Some of the panels didn't turn out quite right but it is a cool looking vehicle. Made of 1/8" styrene with heavily modified wheels from Battle ground vehicles. First a...
  20. O

Humber Armored Car Mk.II

Time to show my latest project. After getting into this and studying the little info I've found about WWII British armored cars I decided to spend this year building up my British forces. I wanted to build the Mk.IV as there are a lot more pictures and info about them but settled on this as I...
Back