• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. J

My first complete scratch built - Grille

Hey guys..... Sorry that I have been absent from the board again. Work and life takes its toll. Here are some photos of my first complete scratch built project. In the past, with the exception of the balsa wood stuff, I have never had the courage to scratch built a tank.... well for all those...
  2. J

Opel Blitz Radio Van - Better Pictures

Hey guys, Here are some updated - better pictures of my Opel. The lighting inside my office last night just did not do it any justice. Outside this morning was much better. Enjoy.... Jim T.
  3. J

DML SdKfz 251/6 Release?????

Hey guys, Check out the DML homepage. Do you think DML might actually release a 1/6 scale DAK SdKfz 251/6???? When I first saw this a week ago, I was sure that it would be 1/35 scale. Now I am not to sure, especially after the DID 251 release news. Hummmmm........ thought... Dragon Models...
  4. J

Opel Blitz Radio/Ambulance Truck

Hey Guys, Here is a couple progress pictures of my next project, another JD Blitz. I have been messing around with a Ambulance bed made of balsa wood for about 12 months now. I started it back then and put it on the shelf then forgot about it. Since the Marder III M kit was coming together so...
  5. J

HF.2 Heavy Field Wagon

Hey everyone, Here are some progress pics of my scratch build HF.2 Heavy Field Wagon using PanzerWerks wagon wheels. The wagon is built of balsa wood (got to love that stuff) and sized from a 1/35 scale ESCI model (which I now understand was off scale, oh well...) Eitherway, I recall some...
  6. J

Marder III Kits

Hey everyone, I just wanted to publicly express my appreciation to Fusilier & Panzerjuan for creating the Marder III kits. I got mine in the mail about a week ago and they are just awesome !!!!!! The instructions are 1st rate -very clear and concise. The pieces are cut well and this kit will be...
  7. J

71240 (German Vehicle Workshop)

Does anyone remember what the purchase price was for the Cyber Hobby 71240 (German Vehicle Workshop)? I noticed someone a couple weeks ago on EBay preselling each item for $25 to $45 a piece. EACH ITEM!!!! :shock: Also does anyone know the projected ship date was? Also does anyone want to sell...
  8. J

JD Opel Blitz - Supply Truck

Hey Everyone, I hope everyone had a good holiday. This is what I have been working on for over a month now. Here are some progress pictures of my JD Opel Blitz project. Boy, I can tell you this project has been a pain in the you know what. Here is what I have done so far. 1.) Cut off the...
  9. J

Opel Blitz Bed Dimensions

Opel Blitz Bed Dimensions Does anyone know the correct 1/6 scale bed dimensions of an Opel Blitz? My next project is to take on the JD Opel Blitz and cut off the entire bed, replacing it with a custom built wooded bed. Thanks guys Jim T. :s
  10. J

JD Hetzer Project Photos

Hey everyone, Here is the fruit of 3 weeks of labor, countless trips to Home Depot and hundreds of my dollars...... It is a JD Hetzer that I bought on EBay for about $125.00. I spent tons of hours studing the JD Hetzer customizer's website for ideas and using the best ones that I found, I...
  11. J

DML Pak 3.7 vs Merrit Pak 3.7

I got the new DML Pak 3.7 yesterday in the mail from Monkeydepot.com. I thought I should share with everyone pictures comparing the DML piece with my old Merrit Pak. Quite a bit different, a........ I am thinking that the Merrit might be going to storage and the DML is going on the display...
  12. J

My new Krupp Protze

Hello Everyone, This is my first post to the Sixth Army Group. I have anonymously been enjoying your website for research and such for about a year now. Anytime I wanted to buy a new 1/6 piece or figure, I would log into the group first and research it to see what everyone else has posted about...
Back