• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. Heeresbergführer

Project Edelweiss 2012

Grüß Di' Bergkameraden, Just wanted to forward the following after action report from this year's "Project Edelweiss." Bruno has done an excellent job with this event. This has to be one of the ultimate reenactments, at least for Gebirgsjäger types. It is set as a pre-war high alpine...
  2. Heeresbergführer

New Book on German Winter Uniforms

Servus Kameraden, Here's a new book available from Schiffer on German Winter Uniforms: Winter Uniforms of the German Army and Luftwaffe in World War II by Vincent Slegers - Schifferbooks.com Horrido! Patrick
  3. Heeresbergführer

Project Edelweiss

Servus Bergkameraden, "Project Edelweiss" has been entered into the DSLR film festival "Cinema Out of Your Backpack." This a short film about the training climb we did last summer in the French Alps. Project Edelweiss - Cinema Out of Your Backpack on Vimeo Berg Heil und Horrido!!! Patrick
  4. Heeresbergführer

1/6th Scale Mountaineering

Servus Bergkameraden, There have been many great mountain troop figures posted on this and other forums. And, of course, the best way to display a mountain trooper is in his element...the mountains. But unless you have some experience with rock climbing or mountaineering, trying to pose a...
  5. Heeresbergführer

Gebirgsjäger Steigeisen (Crampons)

I was recently asked on a 1:1 scale reenactment forum "how do you strap on ice crampons?" I've also been asked this a few times by 1/6th scale modelers. So below is my "How To" Lession. Servus Bergkameraden, Here is today's Bergsteigen (mountain climbing) lesson...how to strap on your...
  6. Heeresbergführer

Sunday Comic Strip FLAK

Found this in the Washington Post Sunday Comics this morning:
  7. Heeresbergführer

DX'08 Gebirgsjäger Display

Grüß Gott Bergkameraden, I wish to thank the Dragon Team for inviting me down to the Expo. It was an excellent event. I enjoyed meeting and talking with forum members, vendors, exhibitors, and other visitors. It was great having the opportunity to talk with John (Boot25) and seeing his...
  8. Heeresbergführer

Sad Note - Oberjäger Fred Treiber

Grüß Gott Bergkameraden, I wanted to pass along to everyone that my good friend and Bergkamerad, Oberjäger Fred Treiber, climbed on to the next higher mountain this past Wednesday, February 27th. He had had open heart surgery in January and was doing ok, but in February he started to have...
  9. Heeresbergführer

Fröhliche Kriegsweihnacht!!!

Grüß Gott Bergkameraden, A few WWII German War-Christmas cards to reflect on our current wartime Christmas: Fröhliche Weihnacht! Patrick
  10. Heeresbergführer

New Gebirgsjäger Book

Grüß Gott Gebirglers, Just got a copy of this new Concord book on Gebirgsjägers written by Gordon Rottman with excellent illustrations by Stephen Andrew. I highly recommend this book to everyone interested in Gebirgstruppe. It is packed with all unpublished photos that I have never seen...
  11. Heeresbergführer

World War II Weekend - Reading, PA - June 1-3

Grüß Gott Kameraden, All those living in the mid-Atlantic region with any interest in World War II should head to Reading, PA this weekend for the biggest and best World War II event in the USA. Here's the link: http://www.maam.org/maamwwii.html If you come out, please stop by my encampment...
  12. Heeresbergführer

Fröhliche Ostern vom Gebirgsjägers!

Grüß Gott Gebirglers, Here are a couple of wartime Easter cards: And we got a little snow this morning in Washington, DC.... Fröhliche Ostern vom Gebirgsjägers!
  13. Heeresbergführer

Fröhliche Ostern vom Gebirgsjägers

Grüß Gott Gebirglers, Here are a couple of wartime Easter cards: Fröhliche Ostern vom Gebirgsjägers!
  14. Heeresbergführer

Head Sculpting Video Tutorial

Grüß Gott Kameraden, I came across this series of YOUTUBE videos that show some techniques for sculpting a head: [web:88351ff75c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkI2oes3zrs[/web:88351ff75c] Horrido!
  15. Heeresbergführer

Swiss Army in WWII

Grüetzi bei Gott Schweizerkameraden, Jamie Kendall said he has an interest in all things Swiss. Here are some photos I took of two brothers who do a fantastic World War II Swiss Army impression and were at the Reading, PA World War II Weekend Living History Event last year (www.maam.org)...if...
  16. Heeresbergführer

Wartime Kettenkrad Assembly Plant

Grüß Gott Kettenkrad Kameraden, Here's an interesting Kettenkrad production video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsWl1l632N4 Kettenkrad vor und Horrido!
  17. Heeresbergführer

Kriegsweihnachten (Wartime Christmas)

Grüß Gott Kameraden, O Tannenbaum, o Tannenbaum, wie treu sind deine Blätter! Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and all the best in the New Year. Here are a few of my favorite things....for Kriegsweihnachten (original wartime Christmas items): Mit einem...
  18. Heeresbergführer

Gebirgspanzerjägers packing a PAK 36

Grüß Gott Gebirgspanzerjägers, With all the excitement of the DML and C-H PAK 36 releases, I thought I would post a few photos that I just recently acquired. The photos show a group of Gebirgspanzerjägers hauling a PAK 36 up the side of a mountain. What is interesting in the photos is that...
  19. Heeresbergführer

Happy Halloween

20. Heeresbergführer

WIP: "Ski Heil!"

Grüß Gott Bergkameraden, I've been going through a spurt of ideas and have several on the bench at the moment. Currently, I'm working on with a Gebirgsjäger skiing down a slope. I bought a sheet of pink insulation foam and glued several pieces together. After the glue is dry, I started to...
Back