• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. T.H.A.W.

A dream come true

Went to a little WWII event close to home this past weekend after scouts, and my little man could not believe his eyes....he got to see his first kubelwagen in real life, up close.... After a return the second day, and lots of slobbering,and drooling, they asked if he would like to take a...
  2. T.H.A.W.

6thinWWII.com forums

6ixthinWWII.com forums I have had several calls and PMs about the 6ixthinWWII forums being down... The domain name has reverted back to its original name: http://www.6ixthinwwii.forumotion.com , there, you will be able to use your normal login info to get back on the forums. Sorry for any...
  3. T.H.A.W.

JagdPz 38 Hetzer plans?

Just a shot in the dark....I was wondering if anyone has plans and or measurements for the JagdPz 38 Hetzer in 1/6? I have always wanted to build this tank, and have some free time to get things started... Thanks in advance for any help.
  4. T.H.A.W.

3R Hittler sculpt needed ASAP!...Please help.

Hello guys... I am in desperate need of the 3R Hitler head sculpt with the closed mouth...ASAP! Long story short, I was personaly invited to set up a display/dio for the 7th Annual WWII Weekend in Williamsport ,Md. October 10-12 2014...I have been looking and asking everywhere for this sculpt...
  5. T.H.A.W.

New M.A.S.S. Trailer

Hi guys... I got a new camera, computer, and new software...so I wanted to give it all a trial/test before I release all my new 1:6 videos. Im pretty happy with everything, and how smooth they work together. My brother Jerry "EROS" wrote & composed the music score for me. Anyway, here is the...
  6. T.H.A.W.

Hinterhalt Camo help

Hi guys... I have a Kubelwagen Im about to paint up, and I was wondering if anyone has seen or have photos of a kubelwagen in Hinterhalt camo from the war?... I did a google search and all I see is modern photos of re-enactors, car collectors, and models, but no war-time photos. My question...
  7. T.H.A.W.

Neck & Foot Adapters / posts

Hi guys.... Been doing a bit of research on how to connect head sculpts to diff types of nudes. I posted over on another forum, and got some pretty nice results. I wanted to connect a HotToys/TrueType head to a Soldier Story body, and here is the outcome. (we now have MANY options to choose...
  8. T.H.A.W.

Happy Fathers Day

Wishing a Happy Fathers Day to all those at S.A.G.
  9. T.H.A.W.

Kurt Knispel

After the recent discussion of Knispels remains being found in 2013, I decided to give a try at ressurecting him in 1:6. A small man, but with a huge smile and personallity...not to mention the greatest tanker of all time with an astonishing 168 confirmed tank kills. For his achievments on the...
  10. T.H.A.W.

Kury Knispel Tattoo?

While we are on the subject of Kurt Knispel's remains being found about a year agao... I have been searching high & low for a picture of his tattoo on his neck. In the reasent post about him being I.D.ed by the "neck tattoo" in fact, it was his heel plates that yealded the ID, allthough anyone...
  11. T.H.A.W.

Buckles, Help needed?

Buckles, Help needed? *UPDATE* 3/11/2014 Anyone know where to get buckles that are black or "tarnished brass" looking? I know of Rio Rondo, but they are bright shiney silver...I prefer a black, or weathered/tarnished look. Regular brass would be fine, I can tarnish them myself, problem is, the...
  12. T.H.A.W.

Happy Birthday viaad!

Just wishing you a healthy & happy birthday brother... Here's to many more! :!:
  13. T.H.A.W.

Zeltbahn measurements?

Hi guys... Anyone have a 1/6 zeltbahn laying around to take a few measurements for me? I just need the lenght of the 3 sides, or 2 sides & bottom, however you say it. Thanks in advance...
  14. T.H.A.W.

Movie title help?

About 1 or 2 years ago, I caught about 15 mins of a WWII movie on TV... I have no idea what it was called, and I have been searching for it all along to buy the DVD... In the scene I saw, There was a jew hideing out in the attic of a war torn house, a German found him, cold and hungry...The...
  15. T.H.A.W.

Show us your 1:6 Christmas gifts

I figured I would start a post, that you can show all of us your 1:6 gifts Santa got for you in 2013. I would love to see all the diff gifts. Include pics too...if you want.
  16. T.H.A.W.

Uni I.D. Help?

Hello guys... Just wondering the name of this Uni, and who & when would it have been worn? It is a very dark grey/blue-ish color. ( it looks kinda black in the pic) Thanks in advance...
  17. T.H.A.W.

egonzinc

I know this hobby is filled with hundreds, if not thousands of great people, but, there are a few that "stand out" above and beyond the rest. This man being one of those few... Thanks again for the items, and for all you do for the 1:6 hobby & its members.
  18. T.H.A.W.

German cap "Hat Cord" D.I.Y.

Hi guys... I have a few German Caps, that I wanted to add Hat Cords to...to "spice" them up a bit. With Christmas to come soon, I had the idea to use ornament string from a Christmas tree decoration. Items needed: 1/16 drill bit German Cap Ornament string Mini Brads Drill 2 holes...
  19. T.H.A.W.

The Complete Guide to 1:6 Modeling

Hellow fellow modelers, I have decided to embark on a video series of a "Complete Guide to 1:6 Modeling". Each episode in the series will cover how I have learned the best way for me to do these modifications. This is a collection of my own ideas, as well as tips & tricks That I have learned...
  20. T.H.A.W.

Original Paintbrush

I had my 1st deal with OP... Great guy with great comms... Thanks again, and I look forward to future deals.
Back