• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. W

What new WW2 figs would you like?

I was just sort of curious what kinds of new figures that my fellow hobbyists would like to released commercially? Personally, a figure that I would be very interested in would be a royal navy/commonwealth rating, with either North Atlantic or Mediterranean gear and kit. A Dutch, Belgian...
  2. W

Hat making Question

Hello! I've noticed that several folks have been able to make slouch hats, such as Tony Barton's excellent Aussie in jungle kit. I've tried unsuccessfully to make my own out of felt soaked briefly in boiled water, but have gained nothing but several sheets of hopelessly misshapen felt. What...
  3. W

ANZAC Day Tribute

Hello All, This is a series of shots that I have just finished in honor of of the brave warriors from Down Under that fought heroically during the World Wars, without whom, victory in both wars would have been impossible. The troops of both Australia and New Zealand got a well deserved...
  4. W

January, 1943, Russia: Rescuing Heinrich

During the fighting to relieve the encircled 6th army at Stalingrad, veteren Feldwebel Heinrich Kruger was wounded in a sharp fight with Russian infantry that wiped his whole section, other than his friend, Schutze Jurgen Knapp. Here, Jurgen is assisting his wounded comrade to safety, just as...
  5. W

Finnish Sergeant, Continuation War

I think this guy is finally done! He's a Finnish NCO during the Continuation War around 1942. Again, my photography sucks, but with the real snow coming down for added effect, I couldn't resist! Any opinions or critiques are warmly welcomed. Than you for looking!
  6. W

Gotterdammerung: Budapest,1945 WIP

Thanks for viewing! This is one of my latest bashes, and depicts a cold, tired Totenkopf Division Schutze in the bitter cold of spring during the Budapest campaign 1944-1945. He'll end up in a dio eventually, but it started to snow today so I couldn't resist bringing the 'boys' out for a quick...
  7. W

Finnish Soldier, Winter War, 1939, WIP

Hi guys! I've always been interested in the Winter and Continuation wars, and noticed that there have been very few figures done on the subject. The figure is a Finnish Sergeant in a regular Jager regiment, though he still needs a lot of equipment and a weapon of some sort. I'm leaning...
  8. W

Toy Soldier Brigade

I was wondering if anyone here has done business with toysoldierbrigade.com? They have several items that I need at very reasonable prices, but I wanted to ask around before I committed to a buy. I have no reason to doubt their honesty; I'm just a bit cautious when it comes to online...
  9. W

Their ganging up on me!!!

" . . . By then I realized that they had me surrounded . . ." This is what happens when 'THE HOBBY' takes over of your life; I feel slightly outnumbered by all the kibitzers . . .
  10. W

2nd NZ unit patches

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone had any idea what the insignia of the 2nd NZ Div. was. I know that the New Zealanders had a reputation for unconventional dress, but I have not been able find ANY images of their insignia other than the occasional black and white "New Zealand" shoulder...
  11. W

Commonwealth soldier with U.S. gear

Hello everyone! I was perusing through BBC History magazine when I found this unusual photo in a review on a new book about Monte Cassino. It shows two commonwealth troops ( the caption identified them as New Zealanders) climbing over rubble during the battle. The man on the right is armed...
  12. W

82nd AB Trooper

These were the images that I tried to post a couple of weeks ago; life's been a bit hectic as of late, so it took me a bit to get them up here! Any suggestions or comments would be more than welcome.
  13. W

For you the war is over!

Normandy, June 1944 This is a collaboration between me and a new member, Mr. Bean (who coincidentally is also my brother); the GI is mine, and the German is Bean's. Hopefully, I attached the image file correctly this time!
  14. W

82nd Airborne Trooper

This is one of my most recent completed projects, ‘Steve’ (it may sound weird to give my figures names, but they almost seem to devlelope personalities of their own after a while), though I found out only the other day that Steve used to be Hans, the first dragon model released. His harness...
  15. W

German heer

Hi everybody! German Infantry, Russia, 1943. This is my first post, so I'm not quite sure if I did this right. My soldier still needs some work, but he's nearly done!
Back