• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. Jhtrickey3

Dangers of Hobby Lobby

Recently I took it upon myself to stroll hobby lobby and "browse". During the course of this adventure, I stumbled upon some pre-cut wood items (I believe that they were meant to be small candle holders. That gave me the idea that these could be turned into a bridge railing. So, with a much...
  2. Jhtrickey3

Knife Edge Wire Obstacle

Ever since I viewed the "Making 1/6 scale barbed wire" tutorial on this site: http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10675 and the great method that Dudulle.69 used to create his wire I have wanted to create a wire obstacle. The "Knife edge" obstacle gave me a chance to do this...
  3. Jhtrickey3

Command Sd Kfz 221 or 222

All, I was doing some searching and came across a photo on one of the WWII discussion boards. Someone had labeled this as an SD Kfz 247, but after doing a lot of research on that vehicle and following all the great builds here I knew that this was incorrect. The chassis seems to be a Sd...
  4. Jhtrickey3

Tank Interiors; is there a market for them?

All, After going back and looking at several tank builds and the excellent work that folks like Tim, ArmorGuy, Rivetcounter, ArmorPax and others. (there are so many and I don't mean to leave anyone out here because there is A LOT of talent in this group). Anyway, I was struck by some of the...
  5. Jhtrickey3

Early German Vision Port details

All, I am looking for some information or visual assistance on the details around early German AFV vision ports. Specifically, the internal details on the mounting device and mechanism to raise, hold, and lower the visor armor plate. I do have some early photos for example, but looking to...
  6. Jhtrickey3

Dml pak 38

Hello all. I am somewhat new to this great hobby, but I have watched and viewed in amazement at some of the great builds many of the members have done over the years. It has really inspired me (to the grief of my wife) to get back into the modeling hobby. The first project that I have...
Back