• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. T

Banjoman Custom Berets and One Sixth Unique Closed Up Shop

Was just cruising the various 1/6 FB Group threads that I'm part of when I stumbled across this thread asking what happened to Banjoman's Berets on eBay. Another member answered that he'd retired along with Steve from One Sixth Unique. A quick check of Steve's site confirms that his website is...
  2. T

Zhukov's Attic

Zhukov's Attic, even although a bit pricy, has become my pretty much go-to place for hard-to-find items. Recently, however, packages have been become missing or not delivered to customers from Zhukov's Attic. In a response to their FB Page on the 18th of Jan, they pretty much stated that...
  3. T

Dragon Models Box Sets selling on eBay

Hey everyone, Heads up a seller on eBay has been auctioning or BIN Dragon Model WW2 Box Sets. Goes by nab52 (not sure if he's a member here or not). Picked up Axel Haas and Hinrich Weller both for a little over a hundred which is a great deal these days. Just FYI. Happy hunting
  4. T

Will 1/6 Modelers ever be accepted by the smaller scale modelers

Seems like we're still the redheaded step-child of the scale modelers. Case in point, I work with an older gentleman who does a lot of 1/35 models and we always have great conversions about our projects. When I informed him of the scale I work in, he gave me a weird look and stated that was a...
  5. T

Echobase Toys Shipping?

Hey Guys, I know Cally is locked down still but is EBT still shipping or are they closed up until further notice?
  6. T

Fields of Armor / Loic Anthian

Fields of Armor / Loic Anthian It pains me to write this but after 16 months of constant run arounds, no communications, lack of request for pictures, and basically bad customer service overall, I’m writing to warn anyone of utilizing or purchasing anything from Fields of Armor LLC that is...
  7. T

War Toys HTTP Strict Transport Security Error

Anyone else having problems getting to War-Toys today. I keep getting a HTTP Strict Transport Security Error of the website’s security certificate is not yet valid or has expired. Happening on both Chrome and IE. And of course it was working fine yesterday and now not so much :amer_bigeyes:
  8. T

Newline Miniatures and One Sixth Scale King

Held out hope I could get my items without resulting to this but unfortunately that hasn't been the case. I know all about the problems with ordering directly from both companies but I had nothing but good experiences with both of them in the past however that doesn't appear to be the case...
  9. T

Kuban Shield

Well I'm hitting a dry hole here in my searches for a Kuban Shield. I know Lion Roar did a 1/6 photo etch set almost a decade ago that had a Kuban Shield (which is nearly impossible to find) and an eBay auction stated that the DX '06 Fred Treiber had one but it was the Krim Shield. One Sixth...
  10. T

Heavy Reconnaissance Company question

Hello all, Been a very long time since I've posted anything (or done anything with 1/6 the past year and a half. Personal reasons.) but have a quick question. I've been slowly getting back into things and have a couple of projects that I've been wanting to do for the longest of time. The first...
  11. T

Question about USMC on Bougainville

Hey everyone, Well I just learn something interesting. My best friend whom I've known for well over twenty years always told me about his grandfather, John P. "Steve" Brody who was a USMC officer who fought on Bougainville. He told stories of during the landings how in a matter of a few...
  12. T

Mark McElwaine - Ebay Handle: schutzstaffel1933): Beware of him

Please delete Please delete. Situation resolved
  13. T

'The Last Pre-Offensive Meeting' - BotB 65th Anniversary

The Ardennes Offensive (16 December 1944 – 25 January 1945) was a major German offensive (die Ardennenoffensive), launched towards the end of World War II through the forested Ardennes Mountains region of Belgium (and more specifically of Wallonia: hence its French name, Bataille des Ardennes)...
  14. T

Major Midnight Tiger I Rebuild Project

Hey guys, As you known about seven months ago I started to search the internet for Tiger I parts for a project of mine. Back in December I bought a MM Tiger I Tank while home on leave from Iraq and had it shipped to my friend's house since I had to go back and finish up my last two months in...
  15. T

Need Help: Tiger I Outer Road wheel Parts

Need some help. I recently purchused a Major Midnight Tiger I, which was beautiful, and was on display when I had a visit from my brother with his kids. With attention on the parents, the kids explored and a MM Tiger I with 8 and 2 year olds just didn't mix and well to make a long story short...
Back