• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. M

Major John Howard

D-Day 1944 Commanding the British Airborne assault on the Caen Canal and Orne River bridges was Major John Howard.
  2. M

Reverend John Gwinnett, 9th Para 6/6/44

On the night of the 5th - 6th June 1944, the Reverend John Gwinnett was parachuted into the dark Normandy countryside. Landing far from his designated drop zone it took Rev Gwinnett days to reach his unit which had assaulted the Merville Battery on D-Day. Rev Gwinnett would make one more combat...
  3. M

DiD Red Devil

DiD look like they're finally releasing another Brit Paratrooper, like their previous effort they seem to have failed in their research. https://www.did.co/toysoul-hong-kong-2018/
  4. M

New DiD Figure Otto Carius

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted. http://www.did.co/d80117w.html
  5. M

M44 Peadot Tunic Question

Ive noticed in quite a lot of pics taken in Normandy through to Arnhem that SS troops wearing the M44 Peadot camo tunic fail to wear shoulder boards. The officers wear the sleave rank insignia but no shoulder boards....even in the Osprey books the reference paintings seem to show post 1943 the...
  6. M

CVI Insignia?

Ive noticed for a while that CVI stock at MD has been getting less and less, so I looked up their site and that seems to have gone. Is that it for probably the best 1/6th WWII insignia?
  7. M

M5/T8 Command Stuart Question???

A while back i was looking through a book in a shop when i stumbled on a photo of a Stuart command tank. Now my memory may be playing tricks but i think it was picture of a Guards Armoured Division battlegroup CO, probably Lt. Col. Edward Goulburn. Ive searched and searched throughout the...
  8. M

Hot Toys Neck Post Querie

Does anyone know if a Soldier Story head would fit on a Hot Toys long neck post? Thanks if you can help. Ian
  9. M

A few questions about Marder III Ausf H availability

I just wonder if anyone could answer these queries? a)is the Marder III Ausf H still available? b)if so where would the best place to buy one from be, also taking into account that it will be shipped to the UK? Thanks if anyone can help. Ian
  10. M

326th Parachute Engineer Battalion at Bastogne

I wonder if anyone could answer this query?From books on the seige of Bastogne i have learn't there was a 326th Engineer Battalion holding the perimeter in between battalions of 327th G.I.R. , was this the same P.E.B. or just another Corps engineering unit?Hopefully someone can answer...
Back