• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Recent content by Jhtrickey3

1. Jhtrickey3

PAK 38 Build

Welcome to the wonderful world of Dragon models. The Pak 38 gave me all kinds of problems. Your build looks great so far! -joe
  2. Jhtrickey3

Fury - Now including spoilers. Don't read if you don't want to read spoilers

I saw the movie this week and went in with an open mind. Was kinda worried from the trailers with the quick scene of an 88mm Tiger round bouncing off a Sherman... but I kept an open mind. I must admit that I liked it a great deal. Being a former tanker you did get a sense of the crew feel...
  3. Jhtrickey3

Panzer 2 Dragon

Road wheels tend to get incredibly hot after a days travel/maneuver/etc. And I don't mean warm.. I mean HOT. Lots of friction on the wheels and tracks which is why we always check track whenever we stop. That said, the rubber is going to react to that heat and discolor somewhat. The also...
  4. Jhtrickey3

New ECA M3 halftrack and stuart parts

Awesome stuff... I have to laugh at the water bucket... we used a version of that with a plastic shower head in the field... you would hang it over the gun tube and instant shower. But that is great stuff! -Joe
  5. Jhtrickey3

M4A4 Sherman tank project

Wow John! That is just amazing. Always amazing work. A great addition to your super collection. Just out of curiosity, what does a 1/6 Sherman tank weigh (RC version on average). -Joe
  6. Jhtrickey3

British Airborne Jeep

That was my thought too :-P... relocate the ammo box. There is not a lot of leg room up front in those jeeps. Probably something between the seats, but away from the gear shift. But the build looks great so far. -Joe
  7. Jhtrickey3

David Webbs elves are at it again this time 38t and Hetzer running gear !

Man that is fantastic! Great stuff! -Joe
  8. Jhtrickey3

Three Longest Day sculpts and finished dio

That is just amazing. Excellent job Peter! A great scene from the Longest Day. -Joe
  9. Jhtrickey3

Armored LCVP in Indochina RC

Wow.. that is amazing. That is an excellent cannon! I am enjoying watching this build. -Joe
  10. Jhtrickey3

Mike Stannard - Rest Well

I am in shock and saddened to hear this news. Mike's quality and attention to detail were second to none. Outstanding researcher and craftsman. Rest in peace. -joe
  11. Jhtrickey3

Lee Marvin sculpt and finished figure.

WOW! That is really outstanding Peter. Great sculpt and excellent job to bring Lee to life. -Joe
  12. Jhtrickey3

Dangers of Hobby Lobby

Recently I took it upon myself to stroll hobby lobby and "browse". During the course of this adventure, I stumbled upon some pre-cut wood items (I believe that they were meant to be small candle holders. That gave me the idea that these could be turned into a bridge railing. So, with a much...
  13. Jhtrickey3

Airborne beer....

Wow.. that is amazing and shows you how little things can change ones life and grow into a great story. This was the greatest generation. God Bless them all! -Joe
  14. Jhtrickey3

Reanult UE

Wow.. that looks great! Very impressed with the technology and your skill at putting all this together. -Joe
  15. Jhtrickey3

Stiletto strike, new dio.

Outstanding! You definitely bring all the elements to light. Very realistic. -joe
Back