• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Recent content by Charlie Foxtrot

1. C

What keeps you going in this hobby?

I like the building up of troops, the research, and world wide interactions like the "Operation Hammer" on Facebook. I enjoy showing off new creations and getting feedback. I just can't easily post pictures here from my cell phone, do I have mostly migrated to the many Facebook 1/6 groups...
  2. C

Panzerwerks ...the good and the bad .....

As a consumer, I buy from all around the world, and from most of the manufacturers who are on this thread. No one likes to be cheated. I happily pay any import taxes into the USA. In my business dealings with the UK and EU, I usually ask for the VAT to be subtracted. The laws state that the...
  3. C

jacknthebox : non delivery of paid order

Re: non delivery of paid order Did you get your stuff yet?
  4. C

Hermann Goering Para-Panzer Pzkw 2 in Italy?

Just a side note, follow up... from reading diaries etc... Pzkw II in Italy were not Luchs model, which went to East and later West front. Pzkw II usually worked in pairs, usually with a platoon of medium tanks.
  5. C

PAK 38 Question

Just a note: at Anzio, the German forces used the 75mm PAK 38 in an indirect fire mode for harrassing and interdiction fire against British and American forces, per notes and diaries of German Forces personnel.
  6. C

Resin

The kit I bought at Hobby Lobby made a mold in flexible rubber but the parts you make are hard resin. Don’t use indoors!
  7. C

Armortek StuG III Ausf.G 1/6

Wow! Now that ypu show the real one, where is the 1/6 th model?
  8. C

Whats the status of the 1/6 world?

Not sure there is a lack of intetest because there are fewer posts here! Plenty of 1/6 posts on Facebook, where it is easier to post pictures and to like someone's contribution without having to actually write a supportive post. The only problem with Facebook is the plethora of 1/6th related...
  9. C

RaupenSchlepperOst aka RSO

Whatever happened to Professor Sakai?
  10. C

Black box toys - M29 Weasel worth buying?

My dad said that the model ( I bought one), looked like the ones they used in 10th Mountain Division, Italy 1945 as transports, tow vehicles and ambulances. They also used them at Camp Hale, Colorado for training.
  11. C

Some of the best photos...

If it is colorized, the colors chosen by the artist may not be the actual colors. The artist chooses the colors, tints and shades. Some spurious results are possible.
  12. C

ToyModel

Does anyone have experience with this company? I would like to know if they are reliable.
  13. C

Favorite WWII Movies/TV Series

12 o'clock High! Combat! The Rat Patrol! All TV shows........ when WW2 veterans were around to write, act and advise. Alot of the viewing audience were WW2 veterans so they tried to keep it real.... WW2 movies???? "Afrika Korps" staring Rommel, Kesselring and a cast of thousands by Nazi...
  14. C

Is the DML Firefly getting close ?

My local shop preordered. He took customer's money. Now he is getting a lot of complaints. Due to this, he has stopped ordering from Dragon at all. He refuses to take any orders for Dragon USA in any scale and is seeking new suppliers for all the other scale models.
  15. C

Fury - Now including spoilers. Don't read if you don't want to read spoilers

Reading the diaries and such, the tank crews couldn't get enough trained crew replacements in 1945 Europe. Untrained people first go into the assistant driver position. It's a simple job. Not much knowledge required. Next would be loader. Then driver. Then gunner. The most experienced was the...
Back