• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Recent content by ActionMan

1. A

One Sixth UK

Hi Dave, sorry you're having problems - it sounds a bit tecchie so I'll ask Lizzie what the problem is. You're thinking of a now defunct UK site run by Winch. http://www.onesixth.co.uk is alive and well and thriving.
  2. A

Italian Commander

Looks like Il Duce has had a good night out!
  3. A

Flat-Screens as Backgrounds

I thought I'd mention this as it's so obvious it's often overlooked. Flat-screen PC monitors and TV's are great backgrounds for figures. Just find a photo on-line or freeze a scene on a DVD or YouTube vid, put your figure in front and away you go. I did this a while ago in front of a shot of a...
  4. A

Exclusive onesixth.co.uk Interview With Dragon Models – Not Out of 1/6th Just Resting

I had a message from onesixth.co.uk regarding access problems: "Sorry to hear you're having a problem accessing OneSixth UK. We had a problem a while back with an upgraded module on the Linux server, called ModSecurity, which was applied by our hosting company. It was very, very sensitive and...
  5. A

Exclusive onesixth.co.uk Interview With Dragon Models – Not Out of 1/6th Just Resting

As I think most people know, I am English but have lived in Hong Kong for 17 years. My home is just 15 minutes’ drive from the HQ of Dragon Model Limited (‘DML’), and for some time it had been my intention to try to get an interview with Freddie Leung, the President of Dragon Models. Since DML...
  6. A

DIY British Army ’37 Pattern Web Anklets

Thanks, guys. Doug, I'm pretty sure that ordinary acrylics (I use Tamiya) will be fine on these, as the plastic is stiff anyway. The SoSoft is great for other stuff like webbing that needs to stay supple. I'll be posting an experiment I did on a Denison shortly, so you can see for yourself.
  7. A

Dutch Army Bren Gunner, 423th Battallion, Eastern Java, 1947

Welcome! Really nice figure, and a really unusual one. It's nice to see a Dutch figure and one from Indonesia. Regarding the web anklets - I posted a tutorial on just that subject a few days ago - http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20763
  8. A

runter, du Narr! -Eh??!!

Holy smoke, TWO fabulous figures! Both are absolutely exquisite.
  9. A

DIY British Army ’37 Pattern Web Anklets

The 1937 pattern anklets, sometimes referred to as gaiters, were an improved alternative to puttees. Made of canvas webbing, they were uncomplicated and simple to put on as well as to remove. They had two main functions – to provide support to the ankles, and tro prevent water, mud, debris etc...
  10. A

Add on Armor for your upcoming Firefly !!

I only hope the Firefly actually sees the light of day - the release seems to keep being pushed back.
  11. A

People's Choice Award

Congratulations, well deserved!
  12. A

Mike Stannard Serious Illness and Orders

Good luck Mike - get well soon.
  13. A

Sand bags for the Stuart?

That's mine - I haven't seen that for a while!
  14. A

Has anyone heard of a manufacturer called Three Eight Cover Rifle?

From doing a quick Google they look as though they are novelty ball-point pens. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shiping-Creative-stationery-cross-fire-revolution-gun-type-three-eight-rifle-neutral-pen-guns-design/1473386322.html
  15. A

The PANZER II chassis anti-aircraft guns

Welcome to the board! Outstanding work - super level of realism!
Back