• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Recent content by 47lincsled

1. 4

German war grave

Thanks Rob!
  2. 4

Not my daughters!

Of all my "old guys" his expression fit the part!
  3. 4

German war grave

I have seen a lot of these war graves in my WW2 books, I have always wanted to try one, this is my first attempt.
  4. 4

double barrel shotgun?

This is what I wanted the shotgun for, it worked perfectly!
  5. 4

Not my daughters!

Here's a couple close up of the players, the old guy is one of my collection of people you would have seen lining the sidewalks as the allies came into town at the end of the war, mostly women, young kids and old guys! I'm not too concerned with the soldiers, too me they are just back ground...
  6. 4

Not my daughters!

I built the little house recently with photo shoots in mind, and since it's now set up in it's new home I thought I would do a quick shoot, the land around the house is covered with local blow sand that has been sifted, the path stone is fish tank gravel! We have 3 guys looking for dates, with...
  7. 4

Man cave phase 3

It looks like a lot of space until you start filling it up with 1/6th scale structures! But it will get me through the next year or so!
  8. 4

Man cave phase 3

Yesterday I was able to pick up some large pallets from my friends place, they are 3 1/2 X 5 foot, they are screwed together so you can save all the materials, you end up with a sheet of 1/2 inch particle board, five 2X4's and three 1X2's, I build a frame of 2X4 and nail the particle board on...
  9. 4

My latest LARGE project!

I started doing a little ground work around the house and decided I needed some steps, so Christmas day I went out and built some steps,I'll probably do stone at a later date but for now these will work.
  10. 4

Man cave phase 3

Since my daughters all came home for Christmas I was able to get the first display table moved into the trailer, it's 5 feet wide and 8 feet long, which looks really big until I put my house on it! The table weighs close to 200 pounds, it was a big pallet that I drug home from the town burn...
  11. 4

My latest LARGE project!

I fudged just a little on that fact, I had the tiger turret not a Panther turret, but so far no one that has seen it in person knew the difference so it looks good without being 100% accurate!
  12. 4

Man cave phase 3

Thanks Capt! I bought a couple of those Mercedes, back when they were fairly cheap, one was damaged so I'm going to turn it into touring car!
  13. 4

My latest LARGE project!

My bunker is set up like the ones the German spread all over their retreat path, they were delivered in three sections, the lower section is housing, it has bunk beds, a coal stove and a generator, with blast doors, the middle section held ammo and the mechanics for rotating the turret, I found...
  14. 4

Man cave phase 3

I was checking the weather for the next week and it looks like we have a good chance of rain, I knew when I drug this trailer home that it had a couple of leaks in the roof, some how there were two large dents in the roof, right on the seams! Since the ceiling needed repair because of water...
  15. 4

Man cave phase 3

Well if it isn't I have been told by the people I got this last one from that they will probably have another one in the next year! The problem with these old trailers is that once they reach a certain age you can longer move them for habitation with in the county, and because we live so far...
Back